Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Africa vs Australia ODI

• 04-03-2006 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

ok, seeing as nobody else has started a thread about this extremly EXCITING OD series, i guess i may as well

we`ll skip the first test, when Graeme Smith made the aussie bowlers "his bunnies" (noooise shane), and go straight to the second one

Second One Day International
    Cape Town
    South Africa 289-7 (H H Gibbs 66, J M Kemp 51 no) v Australia 93 (M Ntini 6-22)
    South Africa beat Australia by 196 runs
    Makhaya Ntini's recorded the best ever one-day figures by a South African bowler as the hosts charged to a 196-run win and a 2-0 series lead over Australia.

The paceman finished with 6-22 after claiming four wickets in a devastating opening spell that left the tourists in all sorts of trouble at 7-4 in reply to the Proteas' 289-7.

With the ball moving around under the lights at Newlands, Ntini started the procession of early wickets when he had Adam Gilchrist caught behind for a duck.

Phil Jaques also failed to get a run to his name as he edged a full ball to second slip and Damien Martyn quickly followed him back to the pavilion when he hooked an Ntini bouncer straight down fine leg's throat.

Michael Clarke managed to make only a single before becoming the 28-year-old's fourth victim when he was caught behind by Mark Boucher.

After such a dreadful start, there was little chance of an amazing fightback from an Australian side once again missing skipper Ricky Ponting and all-rounder Andrew Symonds.

Simon Katich, who took 29 balls to get off the mark, managed to score 16 and Mike Hussey contributed 22 to stop the rot before both batsmen fell to Andre Nel.

Shane Watson finished as the top scorer with 27 before he was the last wicket to fall to Ntini, who just bettered Allan Donald's South African record of 6-23.

Australia's final total of 93 was what South Africa had managed in the last 10 overs of their innings as Justin Kemp blazed his way to a brutal half century.

The all-rounder smashed four sixes in his 41-ball knock of 51, with Shaun Pollock contributing 38 in a sixth-wicket stand of 62 off just 50 deliveries.

Herschelle Gibbs had laid the platform for a big total with 66 as South Africa made the most of the chance to bat first in the afternoon

oh, and can i lay claim to Herschelle Gibbs being in the top 5 most exciting players in world cricket, the guy is wicked when he`s on form, both on bat, and in the field, i love watching him play

howz at you cocky aussie ****s :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

thats some hiding,i feel for the aussies:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Oh oh oh, this 3rd match is going to be a cracker :D. Already getting butterflys, afternoons entertainment sorted. Pollock and AB are starting to feel the fever, i think if either of them fall soon we may be in trouble, but if they can hold out for a few more overs scoring like this its gonna be cloose.
    That run out of gibbs was terrible :(, so unlucky, thats only the second time iv seen that happen in like 10yrs of watching.

UPDATE: Pollock gets his 50 :D

And the smashing begins :D.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

what a catch by clarke

oh and another is out.

getting tight now

....im sh!ting :D...

• Advertisement

..oh well :v: , that was very exciting stuff at the end. Took me back to the days of Lance Klusner, lordy than man was a legend :). Roll on number 4, and now its golf time.

Advertisement