Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stepping opty 146 Still maintaining the standard :-)

Options
  • 04-03-2006 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Managed to get my new opty 146 running on my 3rd rig, with fatal1ty mobo (thanks eo980 ;)) It is a brand new stepping and i didnt think it would oc as well as the older steppings

Running it now @ 2.9ghz on an xp120 cooler with a crappy 120mm fan on it @ 1.5vcore, cpu temp is 29 idle.

So it seems the new steppings seem to be doing just aswell as the old. Now i'd say this oc is not prime staable, but im sure @ 2.85 or 2.8 it will definitly be stable, i even managed to boot @ 3ghz with 1.55vcore. this chip seems to love te vcore, im ognna have to try and get one for the mach 2 and pump up the vcore and se what i can get (if it doesnt suffer from cold bug).

So for people a little anxious of getting the new steppings from komplett, there doesnt seem to be much of a problem with them :)

id say with a beast of a fan on the xp120 and some proper thermal paste (im using some freebie stuff i got with the mach 2, hehe) it would oc even better. I am tempted to take it out and put it under -50degrees and see what i can get :D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Yay, Gline got a mobo to work:D :D

Im really happy that you finally got a good mobo:o

Oh and I think its luck these days buying a processer, i bought a 3700 from OCuk hoping to get it to 2.6, and now Im at 2.8ghz at 1.42vcore:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

conzymaher wrote:
    Yay, Gline got a mobo to work:D :D

Im really happy that you finally got a good mobo:o

Oh and I think its luck these days buying a processer, i bought a 3700 from OCuk hoping to get it to 2.6, and now Im at 2.8ghz at 1.42vcore:eek:

but i really didnt think i would get these speeds from a new stepping opty

BTW, im looking for someone to test a 144 opty if anyone is up for it?
    if it is working 100% i will sell it cheap, id say it should hit 2.8 according to some websites i saw online

so if someone wants to buy it, they can test it before paying......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I might be interested in the Opty 144, I've been meaning to replace my POS for ages. What price were you looking for it, all going well?

eo980 wrote:
    I might be interested in the Opty 144, I've been meaning to replace my POS for ages. What price were you looking for it, all going well?

id let it go for say 170 as they are 195 on komplett new
    u could test it before you buy if u want

Are you in a mad hurry to sell this or could you hold off until Monday for a definite answer from me?

• Advertisement

eo980 wrote:
    Are you in a mad hurry to sell this or could you hold off until Monday for a definite answer from me?

i suppose i could wait until monday, it isnt up for sale yet
    the deal is, it worked in a dfi sli-dr expert , but didnt work in the fatality for soem reason, so i dont know if there is a problem with it or not, i doubt it though

No worries, thanks I appreciate that. It'd be nice to have a half decent chip for a change! Ahh the Fatal1ty is a bit of a strange board. I have a basic Abit board so we'll see!

I'll come back to you first thing Monday.

yay

2.85ghz @ 1.5vcore, 9 hours prime stable.:D

Very nice;)

Is that the stock cooler?

Are you going to put it in the Mach2 ??

If there is no cold bug you could get 3.2ghz or more :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote:
    Very nice;)

Is that the stock cooler?

Are you going to put it in the Mach2 ??

If there is no cold bug you could get 3.2ghz or more :eek: :eek:

nah its with an xp120 cooler.
    i dont think i will try it in the mach2, i will buy another one i think and put that in the mach2

LOL, where do you get all the money:confused:

What kind of speed do people get with phase cooling, i never looked into it.

conzymaher wrote:
    LOL, where do you get all the money:confused:

What kind of speed do people get with phase cooling, i never looked into it.

phase - about 3.3ghz is possible
    im poor :D

Advertisement