Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you think of your dog?

Options
  • 04-03-2006 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

How much do you value your dog? Not financially, but how important is your dog in your life? My dog is treated as one of the family and sleeps on my bed, has her treats and toys and even has her own birthday party! I know when I die I want to come back as a dog in my house.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Gorgeous dog Junkyard, What's her name?
    Here's my dog Pepper....

She has her treats, her toys, even her own car :eek:

She means the world to me - Have never been lonely, bored or pissed off in the 2 years I have had her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I don't let my dogs on my bed because they won't all fit & I don't think I'd give them a birthday party either (can you imagine the size of the cake I'd need for a dane? :D ). But they do have their own king size duvets to sleep on & I spend more time preparing dog food than I do people food.
    I am planning to build an extension to my house so they can have their own room & I did make a lot of lifestyle changes to make sure they weren't left alone during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

What about what our dogs think of us, I was away for a week and the 2 dgos were being cared for by the hubby, came home and the little one couldn't of cared less eventhough I missed her like mad! The collie was delighted to see me back I was disgusted lol.

Gotta love 'em though..too spoilt at times but they're a great laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Thanks damo605, my dogs name is Snoopy but we still call her Puppy because she looks and acts like one and she has her own jeep too.:D Your dog is lovely too. Is she a golden cocker? I think dogs are better company than humans and at least you know they're honest when they greet you etc.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Dilly

What gorgeous dogs Junkyard and damo605!!

It is really refreshing to read this thread - the complete polar opposite of a million sad doggy/animal stories out there. It's nice to be reminded that there are also people who love and respect their pets.

Anyway, I'm a terrible one for anthropomorphising (fancy word, doubtless incorrectly spelt! ;) ) my pets and I'm relieved to see there are so many other "lunatics" out there. Hadook, I think that building an extension to your house is about as dedicated as you can get...I'm astounded (in the best possible way :D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Junkyard - She's a cross between a golden retriever and a red setter! True they are better company that humans - No grief and don't mind when you are drunk and talking sh1te :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

Our dog is def part of our family, shes an auld babe, she is sooo good with kids, my daughter will lie down in the eve and our dog puts her paw around her as if to mind her.If any of the kids are feeling upset they go to the dog(says alot for me) and she will nudge them with her nose or lick them and make them laugh. She grounds us and binds us, we love her as much as we love each other.sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭kestrel

i spat my drink out when i saw those pics junkyard!!! your dog looks exactly like my dog! i've seen blue roan cockers about, but thats the first time i actually thought it was my dog! and so similar...my girl sleeps on my bed too and is 100% part of the family, wouldnt have it any other way. her names Kayla and she's 2 1/2- gets a birthday aswell, and i always spend up to €60 (im a student, it's alot) on xmas preseants for her (and they're usually wrapped the nicest too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lovelyirishlady

My dog is my baby he is a 22 month Rottie called Jake and the best alarm system too.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

..Need i say more

000_0064.jpg

He's Def one of the family.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

My dogs get treated better than my hubby !! They are well and truely spoilt. My OH won't let them sleep with me (because they wake him at night by sitting on his head), but when I go down to my parents, theres nothing I love more than snuggling up to them in my bed.

My mum calls them her grandogs - the closest she is getting to grandchildren from me... lol

I haven't had a birthday party yet for my youngest two because they will only be with us a year in april

This is Bailey - hes 2 next month B3.jpg

and this is Ruby - shes 1 next month R7.jpg

Gorgeous dogs and spoiled rotten too.Thanks for the interest everybody, try and post photos if you can. I'd love to see photos of your dog kestrel, where did you get her? I got mine in Limerick, she's the fourth blue roan cocker I've owned, its amazing how similar the four dogs I've owned are, sometimes I think its the same dog reincarnated.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

these are my 4 dogs they love THEIR couch freddy sucks the noses off teddies
    ever since I got him,I rescued him from a puppy farm in Limerick
    10 years ago he was 6 wks old and almost died,Flossy the blondy one was rescued too I have him 8yrs now he had a dislocated jaw when he was rescued
    he was used as a stud dog until he didnt want to father any more, his owner
    kicked him in the mouth and threw him out. the last one in the photo is my
    baby. Toby was to be destroyed for biting a children but i rescued him and retrained
    him he adores kids now. he is 13yrs old got him 8yrs ago. simba I got from a
    lovely breeder.My dogs eat what we eat wrapped up at night in there fav blankets and kissed on the nose every night I adore my dogs they all have matching coats for walkies and get pressies on there birthdays and xmas
    when I die I want to be a shih-tzu and live here.I have them all insured t.g. as
    freddy had to get an MRI scan and it would have cost €800 plus he had an eye
    removed €950 he has had a lot of problems since I got him but I would not be without him. I love my 4 cuddly buns to bits:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

My girls let me sleep on THEIR bed...most nights anyway...

yorkies.jpg

They come with me everywhere and basically run my life.

yorkiepatrol.jpg

They have Xmas presents under the tree (which drives them nuts, cos they can see but not get them for a couple of days) but no birthdays, because I never remember anybody's, even my own.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

tis my doggys 1st birthday 2day, his name is brandy, i dont know what type of dog he is, i love him and i know he loves me, ill pst pics when i learn how to put pics on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

My 2 babies. Don't know what I'd do without them. They just know when I'm annoyed and cheer me up. Think the world of them. :)

My dogs 2nd birthday party last Wednesday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

DBK wrote:
    My 2 babies. Don't know what I'd do without them. They just know when I'm annoyed and cheer me up. Think the world of them. :)
    2 beautiful sharpeis havent seen many around.

Thanks, I think so too. Not to everyones taste though. Love them to bits and don't know what I'd do without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My dogs have never slept outside a bed in their lives. :D

I think personally they are worse then spoilt children :D

But to answer the question - they mean the world to my entire family!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

I think they are adoreable! Their little faces speak to you.

But I couldn't work out what breed they were, so I jumped to the conclusion they were mastiffs, and lost a night's sleep trying to figure out where you got such a big basket from!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I love her to bits. Think of her all the time. She isn't allowed upstairs though.
    Dogs are great.

She shat in my cupboard and I didn't mind.

MM

aare wrote:
    I think they are adoreable! Their little faces speak to you.

But I couldn't work out what breed they were, so I jumped to the conclusion they were mastiffs, and lost a night's sleep trying to figure out where you got such a big basket from!:D

Haha. Yeah, they're characters alright :) Bettyboop was right in saying they're Shar Pei's. The basket I picked up in a garden centre on Newlands cross but it would take over my whole kitchen if they were mastiffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

I love dogs but I dont know if I could ever own one because I think Id get so attached that when he/she dies Id be devestated!

Advertisement