Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Prem Match Thread

• 04-03-2006 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saturday, 04 March 2006

Aston Villa v Portsmouth, 15:00
    Villa
    Fulham v Arsenal, 15:00
    Draw
    Liverpool v Charlton, 17:15
    Liverpool
    Middlesbrough v Birmingham, 15:00----Boro
    Newcastle v Bolton, 15:00
    Draw
    West Brom v Chelsea, 12:45
    Chelsea
    West Ham v Everton, 15:00
    West Ham

Sunday, 05 March 2006

Man City v Sunderland, 13:30
    City
    Tottenham v Blackburn, 16:00
    Draw

Monday, 06 March 2006

Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00
    Utd

Mike.

Comments

Draw
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Draw
    Chelsea
    Draw

Sunday, 05 March 2006

Man City
    Spurs

Monday, 06 March 2006

Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Saturday, 04 March 2006

Draw
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Middlesbrough v Birmingham, 15:00----Draw
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Draw

Sunday, 05 March 2006

City
    Blackburn

Monday, 06 March 2006

ManU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

not a good day for betting fans. I wouldnt touch too many of those :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just put a mighty 2 euro accumulator on my predictions! About 1800 back if a miracle should happen.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Saturday, 04 March 2006

Villa
    Fulham
    Liverpool
    Middlesbrough v Birmingham, 15:00----Draw
    Draw
    Chelsea
    West Ham

Sunday, 05 March 2006

City
    Spurs ( i hope blackburn will win, but the gut just says they wont...sadly :( )

Monday, 06 March 2006

Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Saturday, 04 March 2006

Villa
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Draw
    Chelsea
    Draw

Sunday, 05 March 2006

City
    Spurs

Monday, 06 March 2006

Utd

I agree with Ricky. Sad as it makes me I can't see Blackburn beating Spurs at White Hart Lane. AFAIK they are unbeaten there this season and Rovers' away form has been patchy.

Its terrible luck that Hughes has got Bellamy back and on-form just as the other vital part of the Blackburn jigsaw, MGP, gets injured. Sergio Peter is rated by many as a good understudy though. He set up a goal when he came on against Sunderland and hopefully he'll take a chance to fulfill his promise if its given to him. There's always the option of Bentley on the left too.

Either way, Spurs have Mido back and I can see them testing Blackburn's back four who, despite keeping a good few clean sheets this season, can be very dodgy at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

not a good day for betting fans. I wouldnt touch too many of those :)
    Its usually the same with the premiership, terrible league to bet on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Saturday, 04 March 2006

Portsmouth
    Arsenal (please god )
    Liverpool
    Middlesbrough v Birmingham, 15:00---- middlesbrough
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Draw

Sunday, 05 March 2006

Man city
    Spurs

Monday, 06 March 2006

Man Utd

We need a big win at Craven Cottage today. Any sort of win i'll take, but it would be a massive result. Fulham have been doing brilliantly at home all year, so this is a massive game. If we lose I can't see us making the Champions League next year, even the Uefa would look like a tough job to make. Time is running out for us to get it right. I just hope we can kickstart it today.

HT West Brom 0 - 0 Chelsea.

Listening on fivelive Chelsea seem pretty unimpressive while the home side are creating chances.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

is Lampard playing this?

• Advertisement

Nope.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Robson and Mourinho in a bit of verbals at half-time. Robson is visibly fuming. Drogba and Gallas came out about 3 minutes late, delaying the kick off.

Gamesmanship at its finest.

1-0, Drogba

Robben red-card. Poor two-footed tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Robben red-card. Poor two-footed tackle.

woot! c'mon west brom! nows your chance! :D

2-0 Joe Cole.

2-0 Dont you just hate Chelsea?

That red for Robben means a 4 match ban I belive.

Mike.

Chelsea are better off without Robben, he's done nothing today and Cole comes on and is immediately on the scoresheet, and had another great effort just over the bar.

Maybe SWP will get a decent chance now too.

1-2 Come on Brom!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

interesting match lineup today, should be some close matches
    i dont see arsenal winning at fulham, the forms books certainly dont indicate it
    that said i tend to jinx these things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Lovely free kick and goal by Solano, Henry scores for Arsenal. Thank god he is my captain today in the Fantasy League

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Adebayor makes it 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Newcastle 2 up. Shearer with the header bad mistake by the keeper.

My super accumulator is already looking slightly threadbare! C'mon Fulham, Bolton

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Middlesbrough 1-0 against Birmingham. Viduka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Baros has Villa 1 up, oh I just love it when he scores, makes my mates who support Liverpool sick. Come on Milan get a hat trick and I'll have real fun in the pub tonight.

Pah we've got Crouchy! :D

Mike.

Oh I know its just a joke between a few of us, i.e. one of my Liverpool mates went on and on one saturday night about how crap Baros was and they were so lucky to sell him, then I told him that he has scored more league goals this season than any Liverpool striker.

The funny thing is when Liverpool were going after Crouch my mates were going mad saying he was a waste of money and I was saying he was a good player just didn't get a chance, and he has proved me right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Newcastle 3 up

kdjac

• Advertisement

Make that 3-1 Davies

Beattie for Everton to make it 2-2, he's on good form, but too late for the World Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

3-0 to the Arse. Henry gets his second. Given Arsenal's terrible away form an Fulham's impressive home form, that's a very good result for Arsenal. Maybe they could be turning things around just in time to save themselves from finishing outside the top 4?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wait a few games before saying that kind of thing. Sounds like Hleb and Ljungberg have cemented their starting places against Madrid, I imagine it'll be 4-5-1 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wait a few games before saying that kind of thing. Sounds like Hleb and Ljungberg have cemented their starting places against Madrid, I imagine it'll be 4-5-1 again.

I said could they, not that they were. Just looking at the form book beforehand I wasn't confident at all.

4-0, Fabregas.

Fowler and Crouch start for Liverpool.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

any links for the game?

• Advertisement

Nope this is when we need eirebhoy who always seems to have a linky..

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Great win for the Gunners although fulham where not up to much

4 good Goals and TH and Freddie played well

Bring on Madrid

Liverpool stream

check below think you need Realplayer

http://knplogic.com/sport/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Er, I'm getting water polo in that link...

Thanks all the same...

Flips sake Liverpool have Charltons goal under seige and nothing to show for it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

u have a link mike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Preformances like that from arsenal remind everyone how you can't even write htem off for 2nd this season.
    I think they'll defo come top 4, but more constistancy is needed.

el rabitos, not pictures I'm listening to fivelive on ntl.

Chartlon have'nt had a shot on goal Liverpool have had 7 corners and proberly 65% of possession. Kronkamp seems to be playing well geting up and offering attacking options.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Crouch just missed sitter of the season, great ball from Cisse. An all-too familiar story for Liverpool, they have bags of possession but have scarcely converted it into a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

starting to wonder if rafa has too much invested in the teams defence, to the point where its detremental to pool going forward.

the strikers and midfielders are maybe playing too deep and just doing more work than they should be doing?

or is it simply a matter of the strikers being useless? over the hill (mori and fowler) underskilled in front of goal (cisse and crouch)

This is heading for a late Charlton winner!

Mike.

Fowler off side. :mad:

Oh hum Rafas tactics were to protect players for the Benfica game and we'll only know if it worked on Wednesday. Still should have won at a canter.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Had Liverpool in a 6 game accumalator. Dang.

I said it before and Ill say it again, great midfield and great defense but without the attacking players to match it.

With Arsenal clearly stepping up their form its going to be interesting finish to the season in terms of Champions League qualification. Hopefully United can take full advantage Monday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fowler was actually onside, it was a very fast flag because Cisse looked like he was just slightly off...however, he wasn't in any way interfering...(actually, what is interfering these days?). I had to chuckle though because it took him about 10 seconds to realise that it didn't count, he was nearly into the Kop.
    Good from a United point of view, obviously, but also because Jonathon Spector had a very good performance at left-back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Its beginning to get a little frustrating. We couldn't score in a brothel with a voucher.

What annoys me is that these players do really well before the come to Liverpool, but once they get here... they seem to suddenly have to left feet. Morientes; deadly in Spain. Cisse; deadly in France (ok its only France, fair point - but still...). Lastly Crouch; scores a shedload for a really bad team in the Premiership, gets to Liverpool with theoretically miles better service and suddenly couldn't hit a barn door from ten paces. So I do, in a way, feel sorry for Benitez.

Is it Benitez's style of play? I don't think it is, evidence supplied tonight. Time and time again, players had free headers or time to shoot tonight. And (granted Mhyre was on top form) they still managed to screw it up.

If United come above Liverpool this season to take the second automatic spot, its going to hurt even more because we all know that, had the strikers managed to score even a quarter of the easy chances they spurned, we'd be ten or fifteen points higher than we finish up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

NotWormBoy wrote:
    Its beginning to get a little frustrating. We couldn't score in a brothel with a voucher.

What annoys me is that these players do really well before the come to Liverpool, but once they get here... they seem to suddenly have to left feet. Morientes; deadly in Spain. Cisse; deadly in France (ok its only France, fair point - but still...). Lastly Crouch; scores a shedload for a really bad team in the Premiership, gets to Liverpool with theoretically miles better service and suddenly couldn't hit a barn door from ten paces. So I do, in a way, feel sorry for Benitez.

Is it Benitez's style of play? I don't think it is, evidence supplied tonight. Time and time again, players had free headers or time to shoot tonight. And (granted Mhyre was on top form) they still managed to screw it up.

If United come above Liverpool this season to take the second automatic spot, its going to hurt even more because we all know that, had the strikers managed to score even a quarter of the easy chances they spurned, we'd be ten or fifteen points higher than we finish up.

True, but then any United fan could counter with "if scholes were around.." "if Keane hadn't left..." etc etc. Once we start straying into "if" territory, it's clear that we're desperate :).

Either way, Liverpool's strikeforce is dire, and no matter how many times people defend Crouch, his real discernible talent is found in his height...which isn't enough for a team like Liverpool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement