Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Broadband

• 04-03-2006 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Has anybody heard of Pure Broadband who are coming to where I live? Are
    they worth trying out because there is no other way to get broadband where i live?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

boghop wrote:
    Has anybody heard of Pure Broadband who are coming to where I live? Are
    they worth trying out because there is no other way to get broadband where i live?

Never heard of them unless they are the same company (Pure Telecom) who own ildana. Where do you live? Do they have a website?

edit: is this them?... http://www.puretelecom.ie/broadband.html
    Are you being offered their wireless or their satellite package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 boghop

Yea whoops! they are called pure telecom. Who receiently bought ildana. They are offering wireless broadband for 30 euros per month. I live in
    northwest Donegal where even the dial-up is stone age on a good day. Have you heard this wireless service? any good/bad? Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

are they offering wireless in Northwest Donegal, because that would be a breakthrough for broadband in Ireland.

Yes they are...apparently. As far as I know it's a first in my area. Have you heard of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

boghop wrote:
    Yes they are...apparently. As far as I know it's a first in my area. Have you heard of them?

Donegal: Dunlewy, Anagarry & Loughanure, West Donegal, Dunlewy Group, Ildana Teoranta Wireless/satellite

This your neck of the woods?

jbkenn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

48:1 contention ratio doesnt sound too good

48:1's gotta be better than the crappy, dropout, 2.2 (average) kbs that I'm
    normally used to huh?

Advertisement