Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found in my bowl of Start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

woh they look like something burnt? are you going to send them back to kellogs?
    they will most likely give u a refund and some more cereal...

happened my sis years ago with a bag of crisps, she found something in the packet that was definately not a crisp! she sent a letter and the packet of crisps back to tayto. tayto then sent her out a check for 50p (hehe) and a box full of crisps (yay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Charred steel? Do they smell/feel like food at all or are they completely foreign to cereal?

Definitely send them back, pretty gross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

i see things like that in Frosties before, i always thought they were just burnt pieces of frosties :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Fanny scabs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

zabbo wrote:
    Fanny scabs?

Dammit I told your mother to stay away zabbo.

Anyway they have the same sticky texture as the other pieces of start so they are probably just burned pieces. I sent an online complaint via the kellogs site and linked the image in the text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I kind of want them to send back an e-mail saying: "lol, they're fanny scabs. Kthx" :3

Anyhoo, here's to hoping you get free goodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Kelloggs Fanny Scabs, now with honey!

Looks like burnt plastic maybe from some dodgy packaging machine sealing the bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wow, that could be Uranium.

Or Plutonium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

My brother found a packet of tayto with another packet inside melted into a ball of tar. Was ****ing digusting.

He sent them back and we got 10 boxes of crisps off them, was insane 0_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Go to the customer service desk of where u bought the cereal and show them. They'll take your details and kellogs will give u a hamper and an apology! Happaned to me a few years ago in college, i bought some avonmore grated cheese and the cheese was all grainy and weird so brought it back and two weeks later we had enough cheese and avanmore products to last us a year! (well maybe a month :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

pclancy wrote:
    Go to the customer service desk of where u bought the cereal and show them. They'll take your details and kellogs will give u a hamper and an apology! Happaned to me a few years ago in college, i bought some avonmore grated cheese and the cheese was all grainy and weird so brought it back and two weeks later we had enough cheese and avanmore products to last us a year! (well maybe a month :))
    i'd bet money you wouldn't get a hamper off them now..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

ah im sure they'd give a few freebies as an apology.

just a few vouchers, nothing close to a hamper though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

They've yet to respond to my online complaints submission, so I doubt I'll be getting diddly squat.

Meh - no matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i have found the exact same thing in cornflakes before. just burned pieces.

They've yet to respond to my online complaints submission, so I doubt I'll be getting diddly squat.

Meh - no matter.
    give them a ring, they'll organise for someone to call out, maybe a rep, but most likely a courier.. you'll get a faster response then.

Advertisement