Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marty Jannetty released.....again

• 04-03-2006 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

WWE.com posted the following message on its website, yesterday:

WWE breaks ties with Jannetty
    March 3, 2006

World Wrestling Entertainment has broken all professional ties with Marty Jannetty.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    There was speculation that this release was part of an angle. Jannetty was scheduled to appear on this Monday's RAW in Birmingham, AL, but somehow he screwed up and upset WWE. He is not expected back and the angle involving him for RAW has been scrap. Jannetty was brought in for the Shawn Michaels/McMahon angle.

Credit: Rajah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

lol, that guy just can't catch a break. I'd doubt he would have stayed very long anyway. He looked in worse shape than last year. Probably would have failed the drug test as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its kinda sad. Even past his prime he had a really good match with Angle. A guy whoose talent was really unfullfilled. But I guess you can only give a guy so many second chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Forgot about that match. It was very good. But their is a reason, he never made it as big as michaels though. Does anyone how many times he was released though? About 4 by my count. I'd say this isn't the last time we see Marty Jannety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Well only going by the bits I've read about him, its clear like quite a few people in wrestling he has n't got the best head on his shoulders. I'm not saying he could have been Bret Hart. But he was a very good wrestler and should easily have made a comfortable living out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Was reading that it actually could be a work but now I just read this:

A quick update on the Marty Jannetty front. It is not a work. And they were really mad about him screwing up this opportunity, and it was off the field behavior, not anything that took place on Monday, that caused this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

Was reading that it actually could be a work but now I just read this:

A quick update on the Marty Jannetty front. It is not a work. And they were really mad about him screwing up this opportunity, and it was off the field behavior, not anything that took place on Monday, that caused this.

I did read somewhere that he was only back for 2-3 shows because he was in some sort of financial trouble due to pending lawsuits against him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sad news. He doesn't seem like a bad person, just made a lot of wrong choices it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Read this - its from the man himself. Just shows how much bulls**t is written on the Internet!

http://www.k3wrestling.com/news.php?id=143583003

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

He posted another post towards internet repoters:

"You guys have an easy ass job, report what you can't do yourselves but wish you could. Now with all the legit craziness in the wrestling world, it seems you wouldn't have to stoop to writing and putting out info to your faithful readers, that you have not researched and have no idea of its validity. But of course, reporting the truth isn't what you are about now is it. Any opportunity to bash anything or anyone in wrestling is paramount to you. It doesn't really shock me that you have done this with me, as I've seen your garbage quite a bit over the years. Since it has not included me, I just shook my head in disgust and disbelief that you parasites exist at all. Take away this industry that you love to bash at any opportunity, legit or not, and you would become poor, sorry sap, street bums with no jobs. With that being the truth, one would think you would show a little more respect for what pays your trailer house rent. But again, nothing surprises me out of you fools!!! I just wonder do you feel like the idiot you are every time one of your ridiculous stories is proven false, or, are you too busy working on your next BS story to worry about how stupid you look.."

Advertisement