Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black ruched suede boots

• 04-03-2006 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

Hey there again folks,

Im bidding on these boots on ebay and was wondering what everone thought and whether you rekon they would go with a skirt and be suitable for work? (Secreterial type!) and thats despite the heel! I actually find larger heels more cofortable as long as they fit perfectly.

Here they are....... 02_1_b.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I can't see why not. Since it's kinda cold atm maybe you'd wear some black tights with them too?
    I thnik they're really nice though, good work! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Hey those boots are lovely :)
    ive a similar pair with a high heel and i wear them in work often, i work in an office too.
    pythia is right tho its freezing at the mo' so i usually wear a pair of pattern black tights with them, dunnes have a big selection of tights.
    good luck bidding on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

Pythia wrote:
    I can't see why not. Since it's kinda cold atm maybe you'd wear some black tights with them too?
    I thnik they're really nice though, good work! :)

Oh thanks you two :D

Well i dunno about black tights. to be honest i never wore then before do u mean plain or patterned?? I usually were stocking/suspenders in tan or fishnet! lol do you think id get away with it with the boots?? thanx! xxx

I won them!!!!!!!
    Some dafty tried to outbid me at the last mo but my boyf was at the comp which was lucky as i was making a drink! He wouldnt let the other person get a breath in until i won em! yeye!!!!!!!! thanks all! x

*Lolly* wrote:
    Oh thanks you two :D

Well i dunno about black tights. to be honest i never wore then before do u mean plain or patterned?? I usually were stocking/suspenders in tan or fishnet! lol do you think id get away with it with the boots?? thanx! xxx

Glad you won them!

Regarding the black tights I go for the patterned ones, the plain ones are a bit boring (eek!), not too big a pattern though cos i think they make legs look big, go for a neat pattern.

But i think the fishnets in black would be good too! In Dunnes (once again..!) they do the black fishnet hold-up tights. :)

• Advertisement

I very much dislike patterned tights, I think plain ones look a lot nicer...

well differant stroke for differant folks eh :D

RSTA::: You couldn't be a doll and kind of give me an example of the ones you wear/think would suit tha Boots :D lool Try http://www.tightsplease.co.uk/epages/tightsplease.storefront
    Lol its just id feel a little self conscious until i get your/everyone's opinions! lol silly i know but hey thats jus me :D...............

Ohh these are Lush!!!!!! Lol im a sucker for fishnets! :D.......................

LA6261.jpg

hiya lolly

those holdups are gorgeous! wear them!

i coudnt really find the style i was looking for but i did find these...

oops, forgot to add the pics.. :o

here ya go:

JonathonAstonTights

fishnet holdups:

FishnetHoldUps

and these are sooo nice, i'm just after buying a pair of them.. :D

SatinFrillTopHoldUps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

i like them its hard to get a ruched pair with a nice heel so you did well!

rsta wrote:
    oops, forgot to add the pics.. :o

here ya go:

JonathonAstonTights

fishnet holdups:

FishnetHoldUps

and these are sooo nice, i'm just after buying a pair of them.. :D

SatinFrillTopHoldUps

Lol thanks Hun. Think ill stick with the fishnets;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

dont really like patterned tights myself

pity this girl isnt around anymore....she loved tights...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=269524

oh bum im just after seeing my links didnt go straight to the tights just to the home page. ah well!

Lol just right click on the pic go to properties and when ur posting up the msg click on insert pic and right click to paste link..........

omg got boots today they are gorgeous!!!

I put them on the sec i got them and havent took em off since. Even Wore THem to the hair dressers! Lol had a real pamper me day today! Even got my nails done too - and they didnt charge ! :D hehe

Try and post up a few pics of boots/outfit later

thnx for all ya help gals xXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

*Lolly* wrote:
    Hey there again folks,

Im bidding on these boots on ebay and was wondering what everone thought and whether you rekon they would go with a skirt and be suitable for work? (Secreterial type!) and thats despite the heel! I actually find larger heels more cofortable as long as they fit perfectly.

Here they are....... 02_1_b.JPG

Well done you got the boots!
    Maybe instead of opaque tights you should try some nice tan tights and a short (but not too short) black skirt with your new purchase..

Yeah ive some lovely tan hold up's which would look gorge.
    Im not too sure which would go best so ill give ye a describtion and if you want ya can decide for meh!

1) Well, Ive a black Mini skirt with lovely silk ribbons ties at the front - cute but subtle although very short id say about 1/4 down my thigh just covering the backside!
    (Its by a make called slave - english but trendy!)

2) Ive another one thats a zip up (From the back) with small but very cool graffiti writing on the back pocket which is the same length as the other blk mini.

3) Denim mini with tiny "Ripped look" detail on the thigh and back pocket

4) Another Denim but this one is lined with pink and blue thread which is gorgeous and very girly (sounds awful but ill try and find a pic and post it.)

And last but not least

4) My gorgeous pink Ra-Ra. Its very good strong material and doesnt lift easy in the wind! :D

To be honest i only started wearing my lovely skirts about a year ago as i never really has the confidence to until i met my boyfriend, So now i just think what the hell? If gal's the size of a sperm whale can getaway with wearing them then why the hell cant i? :D

Thanks so much for all your help...
    Im just pretty indecisive ;)

Oh and one more thing....
    Was out last night for the first time in a year with the boyf (and obviously was wearing my lovely new boots)

To cut it short we kinda got pounced on by a group of idiots and among ather injuries i ended up scuffing the back of my boots... Its only small scuff but pretty bad - you can see the white "mould" of the boot i suppose you can call it, through the lovely dark suede.
    I suppose thats the price you pay for sticking up for yourself but i was wondering if anyone could tell me how or if i could do anything with them/put anything on them to conceal it or repair the scuff... Just until i can get it repaird professionaly
    Thanks....

*Lolly* wrote:
    i was wondering if anyone could tell me how or if i could do anything with them/put anything on them to conceal it or repair the scuff... Just until i can get it repaird professionaly
    Thanks....

oh what a pain i hate it when ye wreck new clothes/shoes etc, i wore my new red high heels out last night and they got scuffed too on the toe like, bummer.

but i think i remember seeing some kind of black spray on suede stuff in a can in barretts not too sure though

if u go to a mister mint shoe repair place they will advise you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

*Lolly* wrote:
    Yeah ive some lovely tan hold up's which would look gorge.
    Im not too sure which would go best so ill give ye a describtion and if you want ya can decide for meh!

1) Well, Ive a black Mini skirt with lovely silk ribbons ties at the front - cute but subtle although very short id say about 1/4 down my thigh just covering the backside!
    (Its by a make called slave - english but trendy!)

2) Ive another one thats a zip up (From the back) with small but very cool graffiti writing on the back pocket which is the same length as the other blk mini.

3) Denim mini with tiny "Ripped look" detail on the thigh and back pocket

4) Another Denim but this one is lined with pink and blue thread which is gorgeous and very girly (sounds awful but ill try and find a pic and post it.)

And last but not least

4) My gorgeous pink Ra-Ra. Its very good strong material and doesnt lift easy in the wind! :D

To be honest i only started wearing my lovely skirts about a year ago as i never really has the confidence to until i met my boyfriend, So now i just think what the hell? If gal's the size of a sperm whale can getaway with wearing them then why the hell cant i? :D

Thanks so much for all your help...
    Im just pretty indecisive ;)

Oh and one more thing....
    Was out last night for the first time in a year with the boyf (and obviously was wearing my lovely new boots)

To cut it short we kinda got pounced on by a group of idiots and among ather injuries i ended up scuffing the back of my boots... Its only small scuff but pretty bad - you can see the white "mould" of the boot i suppose you can call it, through the lovely dark suede.
    I suppose thats the price you pay for sticking up for yourself but i was wondering if anyone could tell me how or if i could do anything with them/put anything on them to conceal it or repair the scuff... Just until i can get it repaird professionaly
    Thanks....

Well if i were you i would choose the denim mini with the ripped look but in any case all outfits will look fantastic with your new boots and a pair of tan tights!
    Sorry to hear of your misfortunate accident but sure these things happen i suppose.

• Advertisement

Thaanks hun.. Well ive packed 1 denim and 1 black (And snuck another one in for good luck!) Yeah these things do happen.. Unfortunetly it always seems to be us in the middle of it.... ah well

Advertisement