Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland left out of Trackmania Nations game!

Options
  • 04-03-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello,

Trackmania nations is a free online racing game that you can download for free here
    http://www.trackmanianations.com/indexUk.php

Before you play this game you are asked to pick your country but there is no Ireland flag! This determines what colours your car are and what national anthem is played when you win. There are a lot of countries up for selection that are much smaller than Ireland so i have started a petition here

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ph8624sa/petition.html

I have emailed Nadeo without any reply so i will gather as much signatures as i can and send again.

I would REALLY appreciate it if ye could help me out and sign!

Thanks a million in advance.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ireland dont have a team in the Nations tournament, seems fairly obvious a free game thats going be used in the Nations cup would only have countries of the teams competing in said cup.

When looking for a server go to Belgium and Vroom Vroom.ie server is where most here play.

But good luck with the petition they almost never work.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

yeah was disappointed about that, so became an honorary italian
    wouldn't bother complaining myself, they aren't gonna change it and the game is gonna be old news soon enough

i didn't know they played anthems for the winner, i play with the sound turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 34 GerryTheLeper

yeah, ill think ill send of the petition anyway. Just figured out that if you own a copy of either the old trackmania or sunrise you can make your own flag or a pic of a cock or whatever your into. The paint option lets you make your own car too so the only thing missing is the national anthem.

Still tho, bit of a shame. Oh well.

Still tho, bit of a shame. Oh well.

Form a Nations team, get to play videogames for money :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Plenty of other countries got left out too, including Poland and Argentina - for the same reason - they're not in the eswc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

While we're on the topic, does anyone know why Ireland doesn't have an ESWC team? And no "well why don't you make one yourself!" answers, please... I'm just wondering if there's a story behind it, if there was ever any effort to make one, or what?

Generally costs up to 50k to get a team to play in it, usually sponsorship covers it.

http://www.esworldcup.com/2006/

Check out how it runs, you need a few quid and some dedicated players.

kdjac

Advertisement