Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

8mm Camcorder tape to DVD

• 04-03-2006 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi, im trying desperately to get my Hi8 camcorder tapes to be put onto DVD. the problem is my camcorder broke, and every place that offers this service charges 20euro a tape and considering i have 10 or more tapes to convert, this isnt really a viable option.

Does anyone know of any other way i could convert them, or even get them onto VHS tapes which i could then record myself onto DVDs.

Or is there a way of getting it from the 8mm tape to the computer?

Please help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Rent a machine?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

I'm sure U can find a Hi8 camcorder on ebay for around 100euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭bammccabe

i had the same prob a while back.on my camcorder there were two composite leads out which i plugged into my mate's tv card and captured all to his hard drive then burned them off onto dvd.
    bit of an backwards way but gave us the chance to do a bit of editing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

bammccabe wrote:
    i had the same prob a while back.on my camcorder there were two composite leads out which i plugged into my mate's tv card and captured all to his hard drive then burned them off onto dvd.
    bit of an backwards way but gave us the chance to do a bit of editing as well.

The problem is he has no camcorder as it's broke.

I have to do a simular task myself. I have about 20 hi8 tapes I need to convert to DVD. Luckly I have a DVD recorder (stand alone - like a video recorder).

To the origional poster If the shops are charging you E200 for 20 tapes I'd be willing to put all of them on DVD for a lot less. I'll even supply the DVD's. Post back or PM me if interested. Once you get the DVD's back you could tansfer content to hard drive (TMPG enc DVD author will rip from DVD to Mpeg very easily). Edit & the author. Lot easier than capturing with an anolog card.

Advertisement