Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fall Out Boy

• 04-03-2006 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

What a class band! Seriously, these guys are addictive! 'Dance Dance' is infectious...I downloaded it and played it 147 times in the space of about 2 hours-sad I know but as I said, infectious!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

You played a 3:00 song 147 times in about 2 hours. Had you it playing on a lot of stereos? They're an ok band.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If you like Fall Out Boy, you might like this.

I, however, don't.

There's been plenty of godawful Joy Division covers, mostly of that particular song, but this one takes the biscuit. Wait until the chorus, from then on in it's like listening to a car with a slipping fan belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

that cover is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

They're an alright band. 2 or 3 great, catchy songs. Their 2 albums are pretty hit-and-miss tbh, altho I have to say I thought their Love Will Tear Us Apart cover was ok. *Shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

*is violently ill*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

class band my not overly hairy nuts!!!!!!!

the only thing you need to know about fall out boy is this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4435593179243241083&q=fall+out+boy&pr=goog-sl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

emo is funny. that video is funny. i remember the first time i saw it i had pains in my sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

OMG :eek: ! Fall Out Boy attempt to cover Joy Division... a bit below the belt that one:( ! It's not AS bad I thought it would've been even more dire :rolleyes: . FOB are good but only in the catchy sing along dance kinda way! ****, when I hear Dance Dance I'm a total freak:D !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

that cover is shocking.

I agree. It's absolutely dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

They are absolutely woeful.

I have serious doubts about anyone who isn't repulsed by this garbage.

They should be locked up for that cover of Love will tear us apart. The fact that they cover that song shows their complete lack of imagination.

0/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

mawk wrote:
    class band my not overly hairy nuts!!!!!!!

the only thing you need to know about fall out boy is this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4435593179243241083&q=fall+out+boy&pr=goog-sl
    Ow, my sides, my sides! I haven't laughed that hard in weeks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

Jesus,there is no god - how did this guy get away with this cover,it is so bad even worse than Tori Amos doing Slayers - Rain in blood!
    Poor Joy Div ,wheres the respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

jesus suffering fcuk!!!!

they are shocking!!! anyone else hear a mix of Busted, McFly and every other "pop rock" act!!!

and for them to cover Joy Division is sacralidge! why not now cover Smells Like Teen Spirit and change some of the lyrics so its easier for kids to relate to!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

They are absolutely woeful.

I have serious doubts about anyone who isn't repulsed by this garbage.

0/10

so you have doubts about people because they have a differing taste in music to you??:D

"sugar, were goin down" and "dance, dance" are great tunes and i tink the cover is alrite, not as bad as some think IMO

Superdub2 wrote:
    and i tink the cover is alrite, not as bad as some think IMO

i think you underestimated how little some of us think of this cover in that case.
    i can understand peoples taste in music but a taste in ****e is another thing altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Just listened to that Joy Division cover.

vomit-smiley-007.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

his voice is shockingly bad tbh.

and using the word shockingly is putting it politely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

"Love Will Tear Us Apart" will NEVER sound the same to me again, that fu(ker has ruined it.

i'm going to listen to it again just to hear how bad it is.....
    i'll be back in five minutes

listened to the first minute of fall out boy's version, got sick and then i did a search for this
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 La Cucaracha

oh dear god, there awful! they not only butchered that joy division song but the guy looks like a fool! im sorry but i think these guys are woeful.

wwaa wwaa my girlfriend dumped me, waa no one likes me.
    emo does indeed suck!

Advertisement