Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the pill and antibiotics

• 04-03-2006 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello! I have been taking the pill, Yasmin, for about 2.5 months. Yesterday, I had to go on an antibiotic, amoxicillin, for 7 days. How long should I wait until my birth control is again effective?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

And you didn't ask you dr this when they prescribed you the anitbiotic ?
    I suggest you ring your dr and ask or the IFPA contraception help line and talk to the health professional there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

aye, what thaedydal said.

different antibiotics effect different pills. ask your doctor, in the meantime make sure you use condoms.

surely your doc would have made you aware of the side-effects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

There is the 7 day rule. Use extra protection during the antibiotic course and for seven days AFTER you finish the antibiotics. This is one of the biggest ways to get 'caught' on the pill. So be very careful and take precautions!
    One more thing, there should be a little booklet in the Yasmin box, have a read of it. It will explain the 7 day rule also.

Advertisement