Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Gmail forwarding help

• 04-03-2006 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Here goes,
    Just been searching the net and found this website http://davesrants.com/2005/06/08/more-moving-to-meteor
    The guy with the last reply talks about just sending an email with pictures to the address 35385123456789@mms.mymeteor.ie and that it delivers
    he also mentions that he's gotten his gmail to forward on his new messages to his mobile for free!
    Has anyone managed to do it, I've tried sending a message to myself with a digital pic to the number and it sent but nothing to my phone-didn't get a bounceback email either. I've since set up the gmail pop-forwarding and sent myself an email and nothings happened.
    I dont use MMS on my phone but i have sent and recieved on a few occasions, some time ago now and i have all the settings installed. Just wondering does it take some time for the mms messages to come through? How does the phone know that a mesage is coming through if the little G symbol isnt on? Maybe i'm doin something wrong, anyone any experience?
    Cheers,

HK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Worked for me when I set it up and got a PM notification from here. Didn't work when I sent myself a email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Anyone figure out how to setup the e-mail application on Meteor phones so that you can access Gmail?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=314588

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fowley

i got gmail to forward to my phone alright, if the message is small (i guess under 100kb it seems to be ok. i can get emails from a lot of people in ireland and england, however when my girlfriend mails form japan it gets to gmail fine, but the forward doesnt get through.

i have noticed it i manually forward it in gmail (and the subject says FWD: instead) i can get it, so i knwo its the address not the email content. has anyone else had a similar problem? maybe if enough of us get on to meteor about it we can get this email filter lifted. only thing i can see stopping the japanese emails is a filter on the meteor network (probably to stop spamming or something).

but bottom line, forwarding from gmail to my phone works, only large mesages and messages from japan dont get through, everything else... smooth sailing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

how about trying the browser and visiting: m.gmail.com ?

Advertisement