Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Once Again!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Zillah wrote:
    Well Psi, I hope you always imagine that sig is there then. Because it'll always be on my mind.
    Perhaps you need a more fulfilling life then.
    Blah blah blah the point is that no amount of obnoxious statements and ad hominem will make you right. And before you try and turn that around, my point itself is that you are arrogant and a bad moderator, im not using that as justification for another point.

Well you are more than entitled to your opinion. You're even entitled to vent it here.

However, you are not now and never will be entitled to break the rules of the paranormal forum and go unpunished, so now that you've had your happy little rant, I hope you may now post with some common sense in the paranormal forum and I won't actually *have* to moderate your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

psi wrote:
    However, you are not now and never will be entitled to break the rules of the paranormal forum and go unpunished

That was never my intention. My intention was to highlight the kind of moderator you are, and, well:
    Psi wrote:
    And yep, I am arrogant.

And for the record:
    Beruthiel wrote:
    shall we sack psi and have a mod of your choosing take over?
    what?

Not that its within my power to choose the mod, but I think Stevenmu would make a vastly superior mod to Psi.

Zillah wrote:
    That was never my intention. My intention was to highlight the kind of moderator you are

My goodness, how many "leave it at thats" do you want?

As it happens, I meant I am an arrogant person which may or may not pre-dispose me to being an arrogant mod.
    Not that its within my power to choose the mod, but I think Stevenmu would make a vastly superior mod to Psi.
    Well, I agree that stevemu is an excellent mod but it may not be something you have to worry about if you keep posting as you have been doing in paranormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

There is no need for another mod In Paranormal, psi does a good job and even though there are two of us, I am only there for cover really and to join in on threads like this and cheer on psi (who for the record, I do not know, have not meant and think is sound).

I have never received complaints about psi's ability to mod paranormal. You have ranted every now and again, usually the same Fight The Powah rubbish but not a whole lot that people pay attention to considering the source.

I agree that Stevenmu contributes well to the forum however the fact that somebody can contribute well to the forum does not mean that they will make a good mod. In fact often people take a step back from posting as much as they did and in the manner they did when moderating a forum in order that they can maintain some nature of objectivity on said forums. I am glad that psi has not done this as contributions were welcome before was a mod and are still as welcome now.

I do not like or dislike you, TBH I barely pay attention to you. Is ee the odd bit of stuff you post and I have read some of your suggestions for the forum in the discussions thread that I initially discussed with Stevenmu way back when. (Yes it was me who originally suggested the constructive chat sticky or at least agreed a method with steven that would work - am getting old and memory is not what it was - as a way forward for the forum)

Fortunately the forum is motoring along nicely now, people post and do not get ridiculed for same, if they are the offender is banned or warned, as is right, people now feel confident that they can post of their experiences and discuss same in a safe environment and that as far as I am concerned is one of the major services that the paranormal board serves to .ie as a whole.

Fortunately the forum is motoring along nicely now, people post and do not get ridiculed for same, if they are the offender is banned or warned, as is right, people now feel confident that they can post of their experiences and discuss same in a safe environment and that as far as I am concerned is one of the major services that the paranormal board serves to .ie as a whole.

All of that is possible by cracking down on cynics and trolls, not sceptics with a genuine interest in the paranormal. I just wish you could see that.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

I believe I first found that quote in a computer game. Relevant nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Zillah wrote:

well unfortunately for you that decision is up to the Admins,
    and after reading this thread, I feel you have two chances of having them entertain your opinion...

Zillah wrote:
    All of that is possible by cracking down on cynics and trolls, not sceptics with a genuine interest in the paranormal. I just wish you could see that.
    I thought you said it wasn't the sceptics I was cracking down on?? :confused:

Hey look, I don't care WHO posts be it satan himself or the greatest sceptic on the face of the planet, so long as they follow the rules outlined all will be well.

Incidently, my previous charge had been to do with inconsistancy and such, now we see the real motive behind this is because you can't have the forum run the way you wish. Why didn't you just say so to begin with?
    I believe I first found that quote in a computer game. Relevant nonetheless.
    At what stage exactly do you think you had any liberty to lose?

psi wrote:
    I thought you said it wasn't the sceptics I was cracking down on?? :confused:

No you just plain old imagined that.
    Hey look, I don't care WHO posts be it satan himself or the greatest sceptic on the face of the planet, so long as they follow the rules outlined all will be well.

Thats all well and good but in practice you fabricate people's motivations depending on who they are. If some Gaia loving witch comes on and criticises spiritualism its generally ok, but if someone like myself or wicknight ask a question its clearly because our actual intention was to mock anyone who holds beliefs. Mysteria was allowed to criticise other psychics fine, but if I say something like "Derek Acorah is a fake" I'd be lambasted. Like the one above about the moon. You gleefully leapt to the conclusion that I was trolling despite the fact that it was a perfectly valid thing to ask.

The problem is that you change the rules depending on who you're dealing with, or who you think you're dealing with. Often based on presumed intentions.
    Incidently, my previous charge had been to do with inconsistancy and such, now we see the real motive behind this is because you can't have the forum run the way you wish. Why didn't you just say so to begin with?

My "real motive" (tm) has always been that you're a bad mod. One who is stifling a forum into stasis. And of course I think my way would be better, everyone agrees with their own opinion, you can try to paint me as a spoilt child all you like, but no amount of Ad Hominem will get by the fact that you are unfair, hypocritical and arrogant as a mod.
    At what stage exactly do you think you had any liberty to lose?

Yes yes we've gotten the "We are Gods you have no rights here" blurb already, we get it, you don't have to answer to anyone, power unto your petulant despotic self, we get it, stop harping on about it. What I was saying was that although we have no legally provided liberties on boards, we do have those granted by the administration, and your illthought out, kneejerk modding is bad for the forum.

Zillah wrote:
    Thats all well and good but in practice you fabricate people's motivations depending on who they are. If some Gaia loving witch comes on and criticises spiritualism its generally ok, but if someone like myself or wicknight ask a question its clearly because our actual intention was to mock anyone who holds beliefs. Mysteria was allowed to criticise other psychics fine, but if I say something like "Derek Acorah is a fake" I'd be lambasted. Like the one above about the moon. You gleefully leapt to the conclusion that I was trolling despite the fact that it was a perfectly valid thing to ask.

If you have a problem with the post, why not report it? I can't think of the instances you're referring to. Can you show me the thread where you feel I should have banned someone and didn't? Why didn't you report the post?

The problem is that you change the rules depending on who you're dealing with, or who you think you're dealing with. Often based on presumed intentions.
    Not at all. The rules are simple, you just refuse to follow them. There are people who PM me to ask if its ok to post something, on occasion, and sometimes when they explain the situation, I let it go.

To be perfectly fair, I've been more lenient on you than I should. If I really wanted to bully you, I'd have perm banned you for your previous premeditated troll of the forum.

My "real motive" (tm) has always been that you're a bad mod. One who is stifling a forum into stasis. And of course I think my way would be better, everyone agrees with their own opinion, you can try to paint me as a spoilt child all you like, but no amount of Ad Hominem will get by the fact that you are unfair, hypocritical and arrogant as a mod.
    Actually, thats not a fact, its just your opinion.

So far, you and wicknight the only ones to whinge. The forum community is actually growing (post wise) in terms of actual paranomal related posts. The long arguing threads are gone and the bullying that you enjoy so much is too.

And thats what this is all about. You're simply a bully who just doesn't like it when they meet someone who stands up to them.

I've watched you bully paranormal posters in threads, with long-winded posts stating that everything THEY believe in is just something you can explain away in 15 minutes and show your intellectual and logical superiority. Thats all well and good, except it is a forum about the paranormal, not about debating the validity of peoples belief in the paranomal.

You could easily post on ISS in the manner you want, but you don't want to because thats a consensus forum and you want to be the intellectually superior bully.

When your behaviour was questioned, you bullied solas and now you're trying the same trick here, except as you well know, I won't fold.

So I really don't care what you do. But so long as you don't break the paranormal forum rules, you can post away to your hearts content and go try find somewhere else to irk out the macho intellectual buzz you can obviously only achieve by bullying people who don't have all the answers you KNOW you do.

The funny thing is, I don't believe in most of it either. But I believe in their right to believe in the paranormal and talk about it without sceptical or cynical interference. Its not about where I stand on the matter, its which way I'm facing.

In any case Zillah, you can rant here all you like, until you get tired, or cross the line and the admins tire of you and lock the thread or ban you. I don't care, you have a Zebedee kinda quality to you with the Roundabout thing you do.

I quite enjoy the fact that my posts wind you up so much that you get abusive (whereas I just do it for fun). I've always enjoyed tormenting people I perceived as bullies :)
    Yes yes we've gotten the "We are Gods you have no rights here" blurb already, we get it, you don't have to answer to anyone, power unto your petulant despotic self, we get it, stop harping on about it. What I was saying was that although we have no legally provided liberties on boards, we do have those granted by the administration, and your illthought out, kneejerk modding is bad for the forum.

In your opinion. Adn as you know I'm going to respond, your opinion isn't worth anything on this matter :)

My god, you are a whiney spoilt little child in my opinion.

Simply don't post in paranormal if you don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

psi wrote:
    At what point, specifically, did boards become a democracy?

Can you show me the post or memo from the admins?

You mean I can't call you a try-hard arrogant cúnt who's got such a severe case of cranial-rectum inversion that he has no hope of realising how utterly retarded he appears online?

Well that's a missed opportunity if ever I saw one.

• Advertisement

psi wrote:
    If you have a problem with the post, why not report it? I can't think of the instances you're referring to. Can you show me the thread where you feel I should have banned someone and didn't? Why didn't you report the post?

I don't recal the exact thread, and I didn't report because I didn't mind the post all that much, but it does serve as an example of how you have different rules for different people. I can chase down the thread if you really like.
    So far, you and wicknight the only ones to whinge. The forum community is actually growing (post wise) in terms of actual paranomal related posts. The long arguing threads are gone and the bullying that you enjoy so much is too.

Thats utter crap. The forum has degraded to a handful of interesting threads and the rest are advertisements from psychics and illegible ramblings. Theres only three or four actual forum regulars anymore.
    And thats what this is all about. You're simply a bully who just doesn't like it when they meet someone who stands up to them.

Is there a way I can stand up for my opinion that doesn't involve you calling me a bully?
    I've watched you bully paranormal posters in threads, with long-winded posts stating that everything THEY believe in is just something you can explain away in 15 minutes and show your intellectual and logical superiority. Thats all well and good, except it is a forum about the paranormal, not about debating the validity of peoples belief in the paranomal.

And that right there is one of the formost reason that I think you're awful at this. You subscribe to this infuriating opinion that I seek to tell people that their beliefs are wrong.

I have never done that.

Ever. I have asked questions, I have suggested alternatives but I have never ever sought to tell people that their beliefs are wrong.

And this is the very thing I have tried to address. Scepticism. Which as I have said, you have repeatidly refused to discuss what it means to be a sceptic, but you refuse and then prattle on about it as if you weren't an ignorant hypocrite.
    You could easily post on ISS in the manner you want, but you don't want to because thats a consensus forum and you want to be the intellectually superior bully.

I have posted there, but the threads usually don't interest me much.
    When your behaviour was questioned, you bullied solas and now you're trying the same trick here, except as you well know, I won't fold.

Again, you're facts have come out of places I won't mention. It was Wicknight that had a huge argument with Solas. I posted once in that feedback thread about Solas, and in it I said she had allowed stress to get to her.

Thats it.

Yet you decided to believe for no reason at all that I had attacked her and called for her head. You made it up Psi. Based on nothing other than your shaky opinion of me, you presumed I had called for her head.

Its typical of your kneejerk behaviour.
    The funny thing is, I don't believe in most of it either. But I believe in their right to believe in the paranormal and talk about it without sceptical or cynical interference. Its not about where I stand on the matter, its which way I'm facing.

This is more of it. You're more of a cynic than I am, I noticed that a long time ago. Hence you think its all crap, so asking questions is clearly an attempt at showing the truth that you already personaly know. All the paranormal is crap and hence those silly crazies need protection and sheltering.

They're not idiots. Stop treating them like children. They might be right Psi. And its insulting of you to presume otherwise.
    I quite enjoy the fact that my posts wind you up so much that you get abusive (whereas I just do it for fun). I've always enjoyed tormenting people I perceived as bullies
    My god, you are a whiney spoilt little child in my opinion.

Blah blah blah. Again, you can attack me personally all you like, as long as, God forbid, you don't have to actually defend your position.

Zillah wrote:
    Blah blah blah. Again, you can attack me personally all you like, as long as, God forbid, you don't have to actually defend your position.

Ditto for you :)

You're still not getting your way and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that :)

hrmmmmmmm!

Go on rant for me boy, rant all day long :)

moriarty wrote:
    You mean I can't call you a try-hard arrogant cúnt who's got such a severe case of cranial-rectum inversion that he has no hope of realising how utterly retarded he appears online?

You can if you want, its just a sad attempt at a troll really though.

Noone thinks you're funny and they never have, why not go back to your hate crusade against Beat, or did you get tired failing at that?

In any case Mor, poor attempt.

psi wrote:
    Ditto for you :)

No Psi, not ditto, not at all. You're essentially resorting to "I know you are but what am I?" You just ignored all the points I made. Points I suspect you had no answer to other than a dismissive insult.
    You're still not getting your way and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that :)

hrmmmmmmm!

Go on rant for me boy, rant all day long :)

I see. So you've finally abandoned the pretense of taking your moderatorship seriously.

Zillah wrote:
    No Psi, not ditto, not at all. You're essentially resorting to "I know you are but what am I?"
    No, I think you have personally abused me throughout the thread.

More of your bullying. I only replied when I thought it was time to say it out straight.

You are a bully though. You should at least accept that, then maybe you can sort your life out.
    I see. So you've finally abandoned the pretense of being a decent moderator.
    You're opinion of my moderating doesn't bother me.

I do feel all fuzzy though knowing how pissed off you are.

Go on, feed me more :)

Let me taste your tears....

psi wrote:
    I do feel all fuzzy though knowing how pissed off you are.

Go on, feed me more

Let me taste your tears....

I'm not pissed off, just disappointed. I'm going to live by a very old internet caveat and not feed you. I've tried, but I'll leave it there.

Again, you've made my point better I could have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i must admit, i havent read any of this thread after the first 4 posts.

although i suspect i could probably repeat the contents of each post verbatim...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

i must admit, i havent read any of this thread after the first 4 posts.

although i suspect i could probably repeat the contents of each post verbatim...

Quite.

Zillah wrote:
    I'm not pissed off, just disappointed. I'm going to live by a very old internet caveat and not feed you. I've tried, but I'll leave it there.

Again, you've made my point better I could have done.

I'm sure I have.

And again, noone seems to care about your crusade.... must be sad for you :)

psi wrote:
    And again, noone seems to care about your crusade....

Nor about the forum, apparently.

Zillah wrote:
    Nor about the forum, apparently.

Ahh you left it there again.

Haha you're great fun.

Nah, the forum is doing grand and will probably do just as well long after you're banned.

In any case, go on, post again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Moriarty wrote:

I have to say, Moriarty tells it like it is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Zillah wrote:
    I think Stevenmu would make a vastly superior mod
    psi wrote:
    Well, I agree that stevemu is an excellent mod
    Well at least you can both agree on something :)

As nice as it is to be loved, I have to agree with T4TF, in general the forum is going really well and doesn't need another mod.

I think that for the most part I'd mod pretty much the same way psi does anyway, so I don't think there'd be much point in putting me in instead.

stevenmu wrote:
    I have to agree with T4TF, in general the forum is going really well and doesn't need another mod.

I think that for the most part I'd mod pretty much the same way psi does anyway, so I don't think there'd be much point in putting me in instead.

Appreciate that (assuming you agree with the whole of T4TF). ;)

Looks like Zillah picked a lucky time to give up his last worditis :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

psi wrote:
    Appreciate that (assuming you agree with the whole of T4TF). ;)

Looks like Zillah picked a lucky time to give up his last worditis :)

Moderators shouldn't be giving people a kicking when their down.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

LiouVille wrote:
    Moderators shouldn't be giving people a kicking when their down.
    To be honest, Zillah is rather up in this thread.

I think it was proven, in the thread of the Dutchies versus MAJD, that moderator compromise is essential to the running of a forum.

This thread is really disappointing. All the taunting and goading on psi's part is ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

CuLT wrote:

I think it was proven, in the thread of the Dutchies versus MAJD, that moderator compromise is essential to the running of a forum.

This thread is really disappointing. All the taunting and goading on psi's part is ott.

I have to agree here, but psi made it very clear from the start that (s)he wasn't taking part in an actual debate about the forum, yet Zillah went for it. They're both acting the prat really.

Zillah, use the report post on others and don't break the rules of the forum and you'll be fine. And what's the point in pissing off a mod?

CuLT wrote:

Erm lets look at the actual OP in the thread.
    Zillah wrote:
    would argue that the reason we don't get along is that Psi is an awful hypocritical moderator who feels that his/her (still not sure on that) personal vision of the forum is more important than anything else.

What do you want me to compromise about in this bit Cult?
    For example, crap like this is a fine contribution to the forum, but I contribute nothing of worth apparently... Aside from the fact that I've gone on an investigation to Charlevill Castle before, and I wrote the centre spread article for the magazine that Dublin6th is putting together, and the fact that I've been posting useful advice and knowledge for years on the forum... Regardless of when I have done something wrong, I must protest against the assertion that I contribute nothing. Psi you're arrogant and blind, not to mention inconsistent.
    Leaving aside the snipes at me, I think we pretty much covered my point regarding why I chastised Zillah and apparently he's not arguing that case anymore (or so he pointed out to DeVore).
    This won't actually achieve anything, I just felt like expressing my annoyance. That is all, good day.

Ok, again what should I compromise in here?

When 10+ of the last 20 contributing posters come on here and specifically state a problem with the forum, I'll look at it.

I've ALWAYS said that.

Zillah coming on with a post that is just whining, abuse and bitching is going get me playing with him.

Now, if you can find a constructive point from the OP Cult, please show it to me and I'll debate it or point to where it has been debated.

If not, then I'm interested in what you want me to compromise with and what critical mass of posters require the compromise.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BizMaker

CuLT wrote:

This is the standard technique for Psi when dealing with people who object to his manner of posting/modding. And unfortunately he does it with impunity.

BizMaker wrote:
    This is the standard technique for Psi when dealing with people who object to his manner of posting/modding. And unfortunately he does it with impunity.

Ah boardy, welcome back.

Ermm if you can find me something constructive in the OP to deal with then please, let me try assist.

• Advertisement

So,

1 - Only the original post matters?
    2 - Only if a huge number of people shout it at you will you consider you might be wrong?

Please make a choice between acting the tit and discussing the point, they don't mix very well and gives you far too easy a cop out when you hit a point you can't respond to.
    Squirrel wrote:
    Zillah, use the report post on others and don't break the rules of the forum and you'll be fine.

I'd love if that was the case, but Psi has a habit of leaping to conclusions and imagining motives.
    And what's the point in pissing off a mod?

Regrettable, but I feel it needs saying regardless.

Advertisement