Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Once Again!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I often read the Paranormal forum and have posted there a few times but not so much since Psi became mod. (Purely coincidental I assure you)

Anyway, having read this utter rubbish I can honestly say that if this is the way Psi conducts himself when moderating I most certainly won't be becoming a regular anytime soon.

Psi, you're nit-picking, goading and arguing for the sake of it and doing nothing other than make yourself look childish....which is helped, by the way, by your smug "you can't touch me I'm a mod" attitude.

Zillah's no saint either, however s/he is most certainly coming off far better then Psi in this instance.

Time for a bit of cop on lads.

/me waits for Psi to pick apart her post :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I often read the Paranormal forum and have posted there a few times but not so much since Psi became mod. (Purely coincidental I assure you)

Anyway, having read this utter rubbish I can honestly say that if this is the way Psi conducts himself when moderating I most certainly won't be becoming a regular anytime soon.

Psi, you're nit-picking, goading and arguing for the sake of it and doing nothing other than make yourself look childish....which is helped, by the way, by your smug "you can't touch me I'm a mod" attitude.

Zillah's no saint either, however s/he is most certainly coming off far better then Psi in this instance.

Time for a bit of cop on lads.

/me waits for Psi to pick apart her post :rolleyes:

Nothing to pick apart.

I never at any stage on feedback said I was entertaining Zillah, purely because the OP and subsequent posts were 90% abuse and 10% argument.

And this *isn't* how I moderate the forum. I'm a normal user here and if someone comes on and spouts crap, I'll just troll and goad back.

If someone, such as Cult, Stark, Kennet or any of the people who made a civil point come on with a critique(regardless of whether its what I want to hear or not) then I'm happy to discuss it as I have in this thread.

My "attitude" is plainly due to the witchhunt zillah and wicknight has against solas before me and I am not even going to entertain that kind of approach, so yes, when someone comes on and says your crap, you run the forum crap etc etc, then I'm going to treat them with contempt.
    If someone wants to make a reasonable argument, I thinkI have shown here, I respond well.

By and large, as the testimony here suggests, noone who posts there has a problem with the forum. There hasn't been any mass exodus that I have seen and users that have not posted regularly, have disappeared for spells in the past, before my arrival.

I agree, I've goaded and trolled zillah here and I can't promise that if he comes on has an unconstructive pop I won't do it again. Mainly because I know it upsets him far more than me. However, if you can see a civil argument he has made that holds water and that I have overlooked or dismissed, then please show me wher eit is peachypants and I will try to address it.

Is that a fair response?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I agree with peachy.

There are two rules one for psi and one for everyone else. He'll complain about rudeness and then throw insults at you about your intelligence. He has done this to me already several times.

Having been insulted by psi several times I can say that I would avoid any forum he mods. But Im sure thats exactly his preference given that I make him question the progress of humanity.

I agree with peachy.

There are two rules one for psi and one for everyone else. He'll complain about rudeness and then throw insults at you about your intelligence. He has done this to me already several times.

Having been insulted by psi several times I can say that I would avoid any forum he mods. But Im sure thats exactly his preference given that I make him question the progress of humanity.

*sigh* and we've never had civil or helpful communication at all then?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

psi wrote:
    My "attitude" is plainly due to the witchhunt zillah and wicknight has against solas before me

Once again I'll point out that I had nothing to do with that witchhunt. Your stubborn attachment to that fantasy is perplexing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Zillah wrote:
    Once again I'll point out that I had nothing to do with that witchhunt.....

So you admit there was a witchhunt but you were not involved?

I was just using Psi's terminology. Wicknight essentially launched an all out assault against Solas' modding and a few others joined in, but I personally posted once in that thread in which I gave what I considered a balanced opinion on the situation. I said that some of wicknight's complaints were valid and that Solas had let stress cloud her judgement. Thats about it.

If you want to call it a witchhunt thats up to you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm placing bets on how long this thread is going to get

any takers?

Beruthiel wrote:

any takers?

Do you have anything useful to say? Seriously why come on and start prodding people again? If the thread gets locked it will get locked and that'll be it. What possible purpose are you posting for?

Zillah wrote:
    Do you have anything useful to say?

indeed I do
    this has got to be the biggest whinge I've seen for quite some time, why anyone is even entertaining it is beyond me.

What possible purpose are you posting for?

well, to see if I can make money of course.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

There has been enough baiting and trolling on this thread to last at least 2 days. Zillah, I honestly don't know why you bother tbh. You are getting nowhere and you never will.

Psi you could but your replies a bit more "tactfully" and not troll and bait so much, it does your defence (and don't attack me for using the word defence) no good at all.

Ruthie, you contribution added nothing to the thread and just reeks of sabre rattling. There is no point in closing the thread, and it's not really your function around here.

Hobart wrote:
    Ruthie, you contribution added nothing to the thread and just reeks of sabre rattling. There is no point in closing the thread, and it's not really your function around here.

I don't recall saying that I would close this thread?
    as for my function, when you become mod of the feedback forum I'll pass heed of that comment

Beruthiel wrote:
    well, to see if I can make money of course.... :rolleyes:

Fine dragon lady, put me down for a tenner at page nine.

Beruthiel wrote:
    I don't recall saying that I would close this thread?
    as for my function, when you become mod of the feedback forum I'll pass heed of that comment
    What was your comment supposed to mean then?

Zillah wrote:
    Fine dragon lady, put me down for a tenner at page nine.

okie dokie :D

What was your comment supposed to mean then?

I thought it was fairly obvious

Beruthiel wrote:
    I thought it was fairly obvious
    Sure you where. I think Zillah's reaction summed it up nicely tbh.

Anyhow, in other news I'm off to France for 6 days. I hope this thread is still open when I get back, or questions will be asked :eek: !

Hobart wrote:
    Psi you could but your replies a bit more "tactfully" and not troll and bait so much, it does your defence (and don't attack me for using the word defence) no good at all.

You're right of course. I'd assumed it was obvious I wasn't actually entertaining the topic (not that there was a topic to entertain) but it was a slow day. Anyways enough of that.

psi wrote:
    You're right of course. I'd assumed it was obvious I wasn't actually entertaining the topic (not that there was a topic to entertain) but it was a slow day. Anyways enough of that.

Except for all those times you started arguing...y'know...trying to make a point but then but acting like a tit once you felt bored or threatened.

Zillah wrote:
    Except for all those times you started arguing...y'know...trying to make a point but then but acting like a tit once you felt bored or threatened.

Nothing to argue Zillah :)

Your idea of debate is bullying. I've been told by plenty of others that you do it in BF2 and you do it here.

None of your assertions have stood up. All bar you on this thread that post in paranormal have been supportive. Only 2 of the 4 posters you claim to have shunned the forum actually have.

So all you're left with is your personal opinion of my modding and me, which is yours and you're entitled to it. It may even be shared. But its not going to change. Your smart ass comments won't get you any further either.

Your problems with the forum were noted before and dismissed before, partly because you're the only one to complain, partly because your posts in the forum don't do anything to aid your PoV but mostly because the format of your complaints are abuse.

I'm not easily bullied. If you continue to post like your last 20 posts you'll be banned. In fact, I'm probably more likely to think your posts are deliberately trolly now than I was before. I'm not going to look for a reason to ban you, but I'm going to repeat the fact that you just have to tow the line.

So there you go, after however many pages of round about crap, you still haven't gotten anywhere, you still won't get anywhere. Deal with it.

Yuo are a bully so im not wrong you are a bully so im not wrong Yuo are a bully so im not wrong you are a bully so im not wrongYuo are a bully so im not wrong you are a bully so im not wrong...
    I've been told by plenty of others that you do it in BF2 and you do it here.

What are you inventing now? Do you even understand what you just said? I'd be stunned if you could reference these "plenty of others". In fact, I don't think I've ever had what could even slightly be described as a disagreement in the battlefield forum, let alone a flaming match or fight. I am 100% certain that you're talking absolute nonesense.

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:
    Yuo are a bully so im not wrong you are a bully so im not wrong Yuo are a bully so im not wrong you are a bully so im not wrongYuo are a bully so im not wrong you are a bully so im not wrong...

Thats a nice way to react to all your points being refuted Zillah.

See Hobart, tactful post by me gets this sort of post by Zillah, you wonder why I just indulge myself in trolling.
    What are you inventing now? Do you even understand what you just said? I'd be stunned if you could reference these "plenty of others".

I do. I could. But I won't.

Go off and play guessing games if you like. :)

psi wrote:
    Thats a nice way to react to all your points being refuted Zillah.

No, thats the point, you're not refuting points, you're repeatidly playing the bully card over and over again, which is a bizarre way of discussing your moderatorship. The point about posters leaving stands, Kernel has posted a bit more than I realised, put he certainly hasn't been around nearly as much as he used to.
    I do. I could. But I won't.

Go off and play guessing games if you like. :)

No, there's no guessing to be done, this is some pathetic attempt at supporting the bully card. I know for a fact that I get along fine with everyone on the battlefield forum. You're talking complete crap. And until you can site who or where this was conveyed its patently obvious that you are fabricating things.

Zillah wrote:
    No, thats the point, you're not refuting points, you're repeatidly playing the bully card over and over again, which is a bizarre way of discussing your moderatorship. The point about posters leaving stands, Kernel has posted a bit more than I realised, put he certainly hasn't been around nearly as much as he used to.
    Kernel goes missing sporadically. Check his post dates, he goes missing for weeks at a time. So do lots of users. Unless he specifically says so here, I don't see this as any different. In fact, our last PMs exchanged were very amicible.

Regarding my moderatoring vs. your bullying. Its interesting that I have unsolicited PMs from you querying my moderating within 2-3 hours of me being made moderator, before I'd actually done anything regarding the forum.

They weren't very amiable. Then there was the stream of unsolicited, often abusive PMs I received from you, where you simply refused to stop PMing me.

Of course. I'm just a bad moderator so its OK for you to do these things?

Like I said. I haven't seen anyone else but you complain about paranormal. I haven't had anyone else but you send me solicited unpleasent PMs. So if my moderating so so bad, why are you the only one complaining?

No, there's no guessing to be done, this is some pathetic attempt at supporting the bully card. I know for a fact that I get along fine with everyone on the battlefield forum. You're talking complete crap. And until you can site who or where this was conveyed its patently obvious that you are fabricating things.
    If you say so.

psi wrote:
    where you simply refused to stop PMing me.

You might actually be insane. You were arguing with me, but at the end of each PM you said "stop PMing me" but continued to argue anyway. You were demanding the last word. Not just trying to get the last word, but actually demanding that I let your point be the last one to be made. Ironically, thats the closest to bullying I've encountered on boards.

If you say so.

I do, you're fabricating pure unadultered lies.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus mother of fncking christ.

I travel for 12 hours to find this crap reported in my inbox. 4 hours of wrestling with Irish Broadband utterly ****E RippedoffWave and I still have only read 3 pages.

Ok. Here's whats GOING to happen. Firstly all of you and I mean ALL of you are going to SHUT THE HELL UP. If you've something worthwhile saying, say it but I'm fncking SICK of this tit for tat WHINGEFEST '06, from all sides.

Next, I'm going to get a taxi to somewhere where I can get a DECENT connection and read this thread from start to finish, read the paranormal forum, review PSI and Zillah's post and interaction and then I'm going to take what course of actions are required and I swear in the mood I'm in today, that could be anything.

Moriarty, if you have anything you desperately need to say here, say it because you're already gone. I'm sorry but I don't care, thats just not acceptible from anyone. You should and DO know better.

Hobart, Ruthie is an SMod, that *makes* it her business to close threads that have gone off the rails. A warning is always good as it stops the argument that the mods always have the last word since they know when its going to be closed.

Zillah, you talk to an SMod that way again, find a new place to post. I don't know or care about this argument on PN. Snap at someone who is doing their job to maintain order and cajole people into understanding that the thread is dangerously close to being closed and you wont be arguing with Psi any more, you and I will have a debate all of our own with account entitled Zillah02, 03 etc.

Psi, shut up. You arent doing yourself any favours. If there is a serious problem with your Moderatorship, I'll be the one to decide that and all the clear one liners from either you or Zillah wont affect my judgement of that.

This process is going to take 24 hours. I'm closing this thread in 4.
    I have a million things better to be doing, I'll decide where this comes in my priority list but I swear, today isnt been a good day for me and I'm on the edge of banning every last poster on this thread.

Except for the Zillah vs Psi image creator. That was at least, funny which is more then I can say for ANY of the smart arsed self satisfied posters on this thread.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Hobart, Ruthie is an SMod, that *makes* it her business to close threads that have gone off the rails. A warning is always good as it stops the argument that the mods always have the last word since they know when its going to be closed.
    Firstly, I take this => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2681012&postcount=8 and it's associated replies as a guide to the functions of an SMod.

It was my belief that Ruthie was just sabre rattling for the sake of it and already inflaming a situation that had gone beyond "control" . I said as much in my post. When I queried what the point of her post was, well, the answer is ^ up there.

What I am saying is that she should not have posted what she posted or in the manner she posted. Her only action, if she thought it necessary, should have been to close the thread (if she deemed it warrented closing) , not add petrol to the fire.

P.S. Did you call me Hobbes earlier, or did I imagine it?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes I mistakenly thought it was Hobbes. I don't believe Ruthie was sabre rattling, I doubt you've met her as she's the last person I think would ever do that. Sometimes as an admin/smod you have to (and should) give a warning to the thread posters, we all do that in different ways but I read Ruthies comments to be just that, a friendly nudge to say "danger will robinson" and perhaps to lighten the atmosphere. She's dead right though, she doesnt answer to you and she cann manage feedback her way, that is one of the main roles of the Smods and the place would be a lot worse without them.

This thread isnt about Ruthie though. I still havent got a connection to read everything but since its not fair if I close this thread in 4 hours and decide in 24, I'll leave it open until then and an additional time after that for feedback.

Ruthie, I'm specifically asking you not to respond to Hobart or I. Of course you can ignore me but I would like to TRY to keep this thread on the rails before it looks like the British Rail 3:30 to Chester.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

DeVore wrote:

Moriarty, if you have anything you desperately need to say here, say it because you're already gone. I'm sorry but I don't care, thats just not acceptible from anyone. You should and DO know better.

DeV.

What do yea mean by that "you're allready gone" comment. You planning to remove moriarty? The guy is a decent moderator, which is a hell of allot mroe then i can say for psi. He only said what most people think...

DeVore wrote:
    <snip>This thread isnt about Ruthie though. I still havent got a connection to read everything but since its not fair if I close this thread in 4 hours and decide in 24, I'll leave it open until then and an additional time after that for feedback.<snip>
    DeV.
    I have met her once. However as you have said this is besides the point, and my point was not a slight/dig about her role more about her contribution to this thread. Apologies to her publically for any offence caused.

• Advertisement

My apoligies DeV. In all the one-upping back and forth I kind of forgot that this was Feedback, not the Thunderdome. We've actually said little worthy of feedback...more feuding than discussing.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, but don't say I didn't warn you, going over all of this in detail will be mostly a waste of time. For simplicity sake I withdraw any sort of official complaint against Psi.

*scurries*

Advertisement