Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Once Again!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

In the interests of some genuine feedback I'd like to add the following.

As someone who uses the forum pretty much every day I think it generally ticks along quite smoothly. I'm not sure why there's been such a spate of feedback threads spawned by it lately, but in my experience it's not reflective of the day to day goings on in the forum (actually there may be astrological reasons but I won't go into them here ;) ).

In terms of psi's moderating of the forum, the main difference I see with that of mods on other forums is that where others may let a few small transgressions slide before banning someone, psi takes a more hands on approach and warns each time. I would have thought this would lead to less complaints, but apparantly not. There was some fear among some posters (zillah being the most obvious) that psi's return was going to lead to to a complete ban on any form of scepticism or questioning, but I don't think this has happened. What has been cut out is the type of cynism and scoffing (which wasn't typical of zillah's posts anyway) that kept people away and discouraged them from posting their experiences. I think this is best shown in the current Ghost Experiences thread, where some new and first time posters are openly discussing their experiences.

All in all I think things are going much better on the forum than the feedback threads would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

PF202079.jpg
    maybe i should be more of a mime in future and just post pictures?

Anyway as steven says the forum is going very well at present ... and long may it continue.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

DeVore wrote:
    Moriarty, if you have anything you desperately need to say here, say it because you're already gone. I'm sorry but I don't care, thats just not acceptible from anyone. You should and DO know better.

Fair enough. I shouldn't have posted what I did in the first place. Feedback most certainly isn't the place for that sort of thing. I won't make any excuses. Do with me what you will. Mybad.

I've consciously decided to reply back to the thread instead of PMing you because since I felt the need to vent my spleen in this thread in the first place, so it seems fairer to others that I also do this here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

psi wrote:
    *sigh* and we've never had civil or helpful communication at all then?

Of course we have. But that doesnt change the past. Or that Im afraid of you because you have said demeaning things to me. I trust that there is one particular context in which you wont but that is the only context in which I sustain that faith. I hope that can change.

best. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Of course we have. But that doesnt change the past. Or that Im afraid of you because you have said demeaning things to me. I trust that there is one particular context in which you wont but that is the only context in which I sustain that faith. I hope that can change.

best. xx

Strange then that after I have a PM from you stating that we've both been at fault in previous posts, our amicable resolution and you ask me for extensive help deciphering information for you (which I spent time and effort doing), that you should feel the need to come on here and do a turn around as if it never happened (you don't mention any of that in your post). Live and learn I guess - I'll leave it at that.

Incidently, DeVore in your review of the Paranormal forum and my modding, I've copied all off topic posts and threads here for the sake of transparency I didn't delete them (although you may find their contexts a bit muddled unless you can source their original threads - I should be able to do that if needs be).

There is also a banning thread in the mod forum with all the bans listed.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

dublin6th wrote:
    PF202079.jpg
    maybe i should be more of a mime in future and just post pictures?

Anyway as steven says the forum is going very well at present ... and long may it continue.

6th

Lol...

Why do I feel like the daddy of 7000 freakin kids these days, I get home to find the mother going "you deal with that lot, they've been driving me nuts all day" :rolleyes:

Moriarty, fair enough, if you'd said anything else or in any other way you'd have been banned from this forum for a month. The purpose of such bans is education, not vengence but you've actually impressed me now with honesty and candour and god knows you arent usually rude. Consider my finger wagged, considerably.

I havent had a look at the forum yet but I will, tomorrow is not going to be possible as I have to go work but I may get a chance in the evening. It seems a lot less pressing now. This isnt a "judgement" nor is it a decision as to which "side" is right and "wins"... frankly I think you just about everyone has acted disgracefully to one degree or another, you are civilised adults for gods sake. The idea is to ensure that the forum is running as smoothly as possible and that the mod and users have correctly grasped the basics of how Boards works.

The idea is to help, a concept that may be foreign to many of you.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Well you see this is it. I said we were both at fault. You didnt. So it seems to me that the only responsibility taking has been from me. And because of that, I dont know that you wont do it again. I dont even know if you recognise it as mean or not. Several times bitten a gazillion times shy.

You were upset by what I wrote in the bio forum and I addressed it. You seemed to be happy with that and we were able to proceed productively. And I was happy about this.

While I appreciate your help I do not bring it up here because it doesnt address the issue - you feel like you can insult people and its ok, you didnt really address the demeaning comments you made toward me. But it does seem to me that you really wanted to help, perhaps out of benevolence or perhaps so you could pirouhette through the bio forum on your specialty. I can only guess. But for me it was more important the UC sufferers got knowlege than for me and you to go back and forth in a fruitless argument so I put the bigger picture ahead of our bickering.

You really need to be aware of how some of your remarks read. Im not sure you are fully sensitised to how they are received. Or maybe you are and don't care?

Now while I would invite you to my birthday party if we were in the same city I wont go near the paranormal forum because you scare me when your acting like dr faustus.

I do feel that progress was made and I would like to keep it this way.

Whats the story with your sig? I clicked on it and Im not sure what you want people to notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

stevenmu wrote:
    (actually there may be astrological reasons but I won't go into them here ;) )
    I assume you refer to Mercury having gone retrograde on the 2nd. That does tend to coincide with arguments, flame-wars and other negative communications.

Planet Mecury site-banned until it goes direct again on the 25th!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Yep, that combined with the tail end of the Venus retrograde (the effects of which should have ended yesterday, so a site ban won't do much good ;) ) doesn't make for happy days on the feedback forum.
    Since Venus rules diplomacy, slowdowns in all sorts of negotiations can be expected, including industrial disputes, legal issues and diplomatic endeavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

How does this affect those of us who have Mercury as a ruling planet?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Shabadu wrote:
    How does this affect those of us who have Mercury as a ruling planet?
    The Martians will never gain independence ò_Ó

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You have a fairly crap time of it until it comes out of retrograde, I know I have been :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

DeV, if you are going to take a look at the forum, I think here explains most people's various thoughts on the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Thaedydal wrote:
    You have a fairly crap time of it until it comes out of retrograde, I know I have been :(
    Just be glad you weren't born with it in retrograde.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'd love to know more about that sort of stuff. Mercury is always mentioned in my star-signs.

Advertisement