Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom JAN 06 speeds decreased?

• 04-03-2006 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this: (I’ve searched the boards but couldn’t find anything related, sorry if it’s already been asked)

I’ve always been on a 1MB download 128K upload package from eircom BB, which has always cost me €29.99 a month, in January (as expected with the speed increases we were all anticipating,) my speeds increased to 2MB download/256K upload, and for the month of January my 6GB DL cap was increased to 20GB, and I was still paying €29.99 a month, great I thought, finally a sizable increase that suits my needs!

Now I’ve just checked my Eircom Download stats page and for the month of February and my 20GB DL cap has decreased to 10GB, and also my speed has reverted back to 1MB down/128K up, so were these speed increase of 1MB>2MB, 2MB>3MB simply promotional/temporary? And only for the month of January?

This has got me all confused, I’m really disappointed with eircom if the January speed increases were simply promotional and for a limited time, as they didn’t inform me once of it being “promotional” in any shape or form.

I appreciate any light you can share on the matter! Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

The New Speeds and caps are permanent, sounds like an error which I've seen other people mention on here recently.
    Give Eircom a call and see what package they have you down for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I had 7 weeks of hell with eircom which thankfully finally only got fixed 3 days ago. One of those problems was that I was downgraded back to the 2mb package from the 3mb one a week after the speeds were introduced... I was told by eircom broadband support that the lines were regraded in my exchange and that I was downgraded but they couldnt give a reason. The only way I could get back to 3mb was to reorder it on eircom sales. Broadband support will not put you back to your original package, it has to go through sales.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm on the same package as you, but the stats page is currently only showing a 4G allowance for March. I think this is to do with them faffing about before they possibly start charging people for going over the limits. I've not noticed any decrease in my speed though and when I was on the phone to errorcon support earlier today they said I was still on the home plus package.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

aob wrote:
    Hi I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this: (I’ve searched the boards but couldn’t find anything related, sorry if it’s already been asked)

I appreciate any light you can share on the matter! Thanks :)

Did you ask Eircom what was going on with your line? Surely they are the ones to answer you question/

Advertisement