Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost or Oscars?

• 04-03-2006 11:13pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Which would you prefer to watch on Monday night? Lost or the Oscars?

My vote is for Lost, because I want to see what happens

So, what is yours, vote and post :)

**Not for Lost forum, I want unbiased answers**

Which? 33 votes

Lost
    0% 0 votes
    The Oscars
    84% 28 votes
    Atari Jaguard
    15% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

the Oscars would be slightly less boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Plus the oscars is on in the early hours of monday morning, watch it live, that's what I'll be doing... although I hate the thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well I feel Lost has been dreadful this season but I'd still rather see that on Monday night instead of a ceremony dedicated to film stars getting awards for roles in films that are, more often than not, ****. Lets face it, the 'members' of the Academy are also 'members' of film studios so it's basically it's who the film is made by as opposed to the performances in it that determine if it wins Oscars..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why not record one and watch the other

personally i will be watching neither of them

Mossy Monk wrote:
    why not record one and watch the other

Can't, Lost isn't on this week because of the Oscars..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

They are not both on. The bloody Oscars are taking over Lost, so there is no Lost on Monday.

BTW I accidently typed Atari Jaguard instead of Atari Jaguard, but I can't seem to be able to edit the poll. If there is a mod there could they do it for me?

Pretty Please?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Lost ftw. Oscars ftl.

Oh yeah, you'll all be saying that now!

They are not both on. The bloody Oscars are taking over Lost, so there is no Lost on Monday.

BTW I accidently typed Atari Jaguard instead of Atari Jaguard, but I can't seem to be able to edit the poll. If there is a mod there could they do it for me?

Pretty Please?? :)

Don't think it matters that much mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Both suck, im gonna watch seinfeld instead :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

im not that much a fan of the oscars well ever, but come on, the genius that is Jon Stewart is hosting this year! really the only reason i wanna watch the full coverage(as opposed to the highlights)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd rather see Lost tbh. Not that it matters what I, or anyone else here, thinks in this matter - it's not like RTE checks in with boards...

Someone actually likes Seinfeld?. Ew..

Laguna wrote:
    Someone actually likes Seinfeld?. Ew..

Tell me laguna, which comedy turns you on?

Tell me laguna, which comedy turns you on?
    Calm down, each to their own and all!. I was honestly of the belief that no one really watches Seinfeld (I'm not taking the piss here), I've seen so many other shows where people slag it off saying how **** it is that I thought no one actually liked it!.

No comedy turns me on as such, I find Scrubs good and the Fast Show was great for its time but they never made me feel sexual at any time.. :D

Laguna wrote:
    Calm down, each to their own and all!. I was honestly of the belief that no one really watches Seinfeld (I'm not taking the piss here), I've seen so many other shows where people slag it off saying how **** it is that I thought no one actually liked it!.

No comedy turns me on as such, I find Scrubs good and the Fast Show was great for its time but they never made me feel sexual at any time.. :D

LOL, fair enough, its just that seinfeld is about the best comedy ever created :D:p .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

has to be lost,the oscars is just a load of nobs licking each others arseholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Well, lets see.

In one corner what we have is essentially an interminably boring beauty pagent, an orgy of smug self congratulation where nothing interesting ever happens and the feeling that 'will this ponderous snorefest never end?' is never far from the viewers thoughts .... and in the other corner is the Oscars.

Pigman II wrote:
    Well, lets see.

In one corner what we have is essentially an interminably boring beauty pagent, an orgy of smug self congratulation where nothing interesting ever happens and the feeling that 'will this ponderous snorefest never end?' is never far from the viewers thoughts .... and in the other corner is the Oscars.
    Ho ho!, how droll!.

Have to agree, I was a huge fan of Lost when the first series was in full swing but tbh, I don't know what this programme currently shown on Monday nights masquerading as Lost is?.. nothing ****ing happens!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Laguna wrote:
    Ho ho!, how droll!.

Have to agree, I was a huge fan of Lost when the first series was in full swing but tbh, I don't know what this programme currently shown on Monday nights masquerading as Lost is?.. nothing ****ing happens!.

it will get better,trust me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I'd watch Lost over the Oscars usually. The only reason I'm watching the Oscars this year is because Jon Steward is hosting the event. :D

It's just a pity that delightful Billy Crystal isn't involved. *cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'll be watching them live Sunday night / Monday am in work, with the Red carpet, press room and Vanity Fair after party too.... that'll be fun :rolleyes:

John

Hear, Hear!

Why anyone would watch Lost defies all reason

Cause it's what all the cool kids talk about....

No, cause it's a fúcking good show whose target audience doesn't consist solely of vegetables.

... Everyone has their own opinion.

I thought it's target audience was vegetables. Because it is kind of brainless.

Advertisement