Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'You Have To Pick One' thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hofftastic

As much as i hate to say it JBL. I don't like JBL as a wrestler but he is the better of the 2.

Jake the snake or Superstar billy graham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Thats a tough one becasue both are better remebered for their great promo ability than their ring work. I'll go with Billy Graham if only for the fact he was hugely over in his era and he was duplicated by alot of guys that followed.

The Boogeyman or Popa Shongo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

the boogeyman purely coz he beat JBL. JBL sucks and cant sell and f#$%s people over all the time.

Road Warriors
    or
    Steiner Brothers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Steiner Brothers - because they had some singles success.

Scotty Too Hotty
    or
    Grand Master Sexay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Grand Master Sexy - because his finisher never made me want to smash his face in! and he is instantly cool for being the King's kid :D

Rock Bottom or the Bookend ???

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hofftastic

Rock bottom. Not because of the move itself as much as the crowd reaction to it.

Ravishing rick rude or Val venus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ravishing Rick. Probably the only guy to ever make that kind of narcissistic character work.

I'll use the one you people ignored above - Batista or Randy Orton?

Batista, he's not half the wrestler a headliner should be, but is insanely over( Hulk Hogan mark 2??). if more wrestlers knew how to work the crowd like him all wrestling would be better{ ru listening John Cena} he does minimal work, although well i might add, but gets a reaction like few others.

what should be the last match at wm this year

cena vs hhh
    or
    angle vs orton vs rey

Angle vs Orton vs Rey ..... With Cena being booed, and triple H a bit stale, I reckon the triple threat has got to be the match to watch.

Big Boss Man
    or
    One Man Gang?

• Advertisement

big boss man--- he had cool entrance music, was a great worker and really over as was the nightstick. i need to stop playing this game it is so addictive, i am neglecting my studies for my finals. it is such a simple game, yet works the mind over time. curse the thread starter, i'm going to fail my exams

armageddon hell in a cell
    or
    elimination chamber

Elimination Chamber, the armageddon hell in a cell was a bit too much all over the place, with too much going on in and out of the cell, Elimination Chamber keeps everyone inside all the action limited to inside the cell.

Devon Dudley
    or
    Farooq

Farooq , he just had a better singles career and for my money was a member of the more appealing tag team in the end. Also, him leaving was the worst thing to ever happen Bradshaw in my mind, even if he has been on constant push pretty much since then.

Shane O Mac 60 foot elbow drop or Shane O Mac getting belly to bellied through the glass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rebelsbells2005

Shane O Mac 60 foot elbow drop it had a real shock value to it and you didnt really know if he was really injured or not a real shockin moment

the rockers or the hardy boyz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

^^^^^^
    Jaysus i was actually gonna sat that one earlier in the thread. Shane o mac thro the glass because of the bumps he took on the failed attempts and it was the better match too and one of those ones that makes you jump up off your seat.

Chris jericho
    or
    Christian

HUP! rebelsbell2005 beat me to it
    so il answer his
    The rockers cos they were the innovaters of highflying tagteams and also gave birth to shawn michaels in the wwe.

so Jericho or christian?

Chris Jericho. He's the first ever undisputed champion and he's had more great matches in the WWE than Christian.

Brother Love or Paul Bearer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

bearer, he just had a way longer career life than brother love, although i think it was love who originally managed undertaker.

Mathilda the british bulldog or Damian Jakes Snake

Damian because at least Earthquake squashed him (it was Damian right?)

Typhoon
    or
    Earthquake

yeah it was damian, which then brought about his brother lucifer seeking revenge

Earthquake cos he actually had a main event feud (vs hogan) and a good run as a heel whereas typhoon was just a quick cash-in by being turned from tugboat to typhoon to create the natural disasters..... (oh the irony)

Ankle lock
    or
    Crippler cross face?

Crippler Cross face. It's more impressive and I'm pretty sure Benoit broke Mark Henry's shoulder with it.

Babyface Rock or Heel Rock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Heel rock definetly, far more interesting to watch and always got into some good feuds.

Badass taker or Deadman taker

Deadman taker. Waaay more memorable moments, i.e. hell in a cell, his crucifixions of people,his ministry to name a few.

a ROCK Concert
    or
    an Austin Beer Bash?

A rock concert. His one with Bill Goldberg I just loved even if it did bury Goldberg.

Mick Foley or Tery Funk?

Foley , it only because he made it to the big time and cannow make someone more respectable with just one match. Orton anyone????

Come on, how much were you loving him for the RKO into the thumbtacks???

Dean Malenko

or

Perry Saturn?

Perry Saturn, because I liked what I saw of the eliminators. And dean malenko bored me a bit in wwe.

Akeem, the african dream

or

One man gang?

One Man Gang , just think after the rename and the Twin Towers thing he stopped getting the same level of push.

WWF

or

WWE

WWF for the history associated with it.

Scott Hall or Kevin Nash?

Scott Hall, He could wrestle when sobre.

The torch or the wrestling observer newsletter ?

Don't read either .... so .... .the wrestling observer .. cause I've seen more people quoting it.

Kaientai

or

The Bushwackers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cactus Col wrote:
    Don't read either .... so .... .the wrestling observer .. cause I've seen more people quoting it.

Kaientai

or

The Bushwackers

The Bushwackers. I loved those two guys. Kaientai didn't accomplish much and were just a part of the large group era that WWE exploited to it's fullest.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dlofnep wrote:
    The Bushwackers. I loved those two guys. Kaientai didn't accomplish much and were just a part of the large group era that WWE exploited to it's fullest.

You didn't put in any options so I will intrude....

Tables, Ladders and Chairs or Battle Royale?

TLC's

Because i have much better memories of being on the edge of my seat during those matches!!!!!!!!!

Thats the Bottom Line........ or It Doesn't Matter..........

'That's the bottom line' as the people can join in with it.

Razor Ramon or nWo Scott Hall?

scott hall, razor had a slightly contrived feel to it, at least hall was open about things when he was allowed to play himself
    cripler crossface or sharpshooter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Crippler for me as it can sometimes come from nowhere. Sharpshooter is good but crippler can have the element of suprise.

Masked Kane or Unmasked Kane?

Masked Kane.

I thought it was a good idea to remove the mask but the character has gone stale without it. Kane was more intimidating with the mask I feel.

Stone Cold or Hulk Hogan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Stone Cold for reasons i gave before. Not Hogan cause he won't go away.

Matt Hardy or Jeff Hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Stone Cold because he made the WWE what it was at its best without turning it into the Sone Cold show.

The opposite can be said for Hogan.

Macho Man Randy Savage or the Macho King?

I'll do both questions.

Matt over Jeff as he seems to have more passion for wrestling and can put on better matches.

Macho King for me as it reminds me of my favourite match of Savage's against the Ultimate Warrior and his reunion with Ms Elizabeth at the end.

Samoa Joe or AJ Styles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Samoa Joe. He's got a better psychology, AJ often forgets to sell certain things. Every Joe match is excellent, even though I'm not a huge fan of his. Great wrestler all the same

Brian Danielson or Paul London?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Fozzy wrote:
    Samoa Joe. He's got a better psychology, AJ often forgets to sell certain things. Every Joe match is excellent, even though I'm not a huge fan of his. Great wrestler all the same

Brian Danielson or Paul London?

Paul London because he's impressive to look at and seems to have better mat skills.

Hercules Hernandez or Ultimate Warrior?

Ultimate Warrior. He had more intensity and presence than Hercules.

Andre the Giant or Big Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'll pick Show purely cause he has more skills in the ring doing dropkicks and what not.

Tommy Dreamer Or Raven?

Raven, I always thought if the WWE taped into him and his character better they could have had somthing really different in 2000/01 with him. Great on the mic and at his peak a good brawler too. I'm not sure this has n't been asked yet but anyway:

Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart?

Shawn Michaels, because I always found Bret Hart to be quite boring.

Test or Lance Hoyt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ONI

have to choose it would be hoyt only cause i cant stand test but both are crap

80s wwf (old school) or 90s wwf (attitude) or 00s wwe (muscles)

90s wwf attitude

It was the era where they had strong competititon and that's what's missing.

Muhammad Hassan or Daivari?

Muhammad Hassan or Daivari?

Muhammed Hassan because the guy could really wrestle.

Perry Saturns "Elbow Drop from the Scafolding" or The Dudley Boys "Flaming Tables Powerbomb"?

the dudleys, cause i'm a sucker for a table drop.

TnA or MnM (yes it includes trish and melina)

TnA, because the tag scene was in much better shape back then, and they had better opponents.

Spirit Squad

or

Mean Street Posse?

• Advertisement
Advertisement