Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'You Have To Pick One' thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The Mean Street Posse, because for me they will always go hand in hand with Shane wrestling, which is something i always look forward to because the kid has mental issues.

Sting

or

Vampyro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sting as he was successful in two different personas.

Hogan's speech at the Hall of Fame or Heyman's speech at ECW One Night Stand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Heyman cause he's been telling like it is for years.

NWO or DX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

DX. While It may be said that the nWo inspired the creation of DX and, in itself was a highly innovative angle, I just loved DX. Michales acting(:D ) as an asshole, the skits, the entrance, the new age outlaws.... I could just go on and on. The nWo got stale and predictable and the over reliance of the faction by wcw can be attributed to the downfall of the company.

Goldberg or Brock?

Goldberg or Brock?

Lesnar , because he had skill, and because he was willing to do what was asked of him. Becuase he did things that honestly impressed me for a guy his size and because he trained like a beast and as someone who trains i can only respect that.

Dude Love or Cactus Jack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Cactus Jack ...... because of his classic hell in a cell, and street fights with triple H .... although Mankind is still the favourite.

to decide a champ
    King of the Ring style tournament

or

Battle Royale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Cactus Col wrote:
    to decide a champ
    King of the Ring style tournament

or

Battle Royale?
    King of the Ring style tournament because, in story lines it means the best actual wrestler is now the champ, and in reality it allows them to showcase the person they have chosen to wear the belt. Whereas Battle Royals by their nature, don't allow the eventual winner to show his wrestling skills off.

Submission matches, or falls count anywhere matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

submission, i prefer the submission holds.
    favourite ozzies

bushwhackers or Nathan Jones

bushwackers, because at least they were fun

earl hebnar

or

tim white

Tim White for his portrayal of a suicidal manic depressive. In all honesty, Earl, he's the only one of em man enough to stand up to Trips!!!!

You'd rather see

HHH tap out, or Orton in the thumbtacks!

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote:
    Tim White for his portrayal of a suicidal manic depressive. In all honesty, Earl, he's the only one of em man enough to stand up to Trips!!!!
    but has no problem screwing bret over despite assuring him he wasn't going to

trip tap out, just cause the thumtacks is so done by now.

HHH Vs Foley Royal Rumble 2000 (streetfight) or HHH vs Micahels Summerslam 2002(?) (unsanctioned street fight)

Definitely the unsanctioned streetfight at SS for me. That's one of my favourite matches of all time.

Benoit's Royal Rumble win or Rey Mysterio's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Benoits, Rey's felt tainted given the way it played out.

Rick Martel or Sylvain ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Benoits, simply because his had alot more meaning, more build up, and a far better pay off. Mysterios win, even if he does win the title at Mania, which i suspect he will, has been tarnised by a number of things, firstly, the Rumble wasnt the main event of its own PPV, secondly, the fact he 'lost' his shot at NWO to Orton, but was let back in the back door by Teddy Long, and thirdly, it was a hollow accolade to Eddie Guerrero spawning the most hideous stoyline in WWE history (and yes, I do remember Katie Vick!).

Benoits was about wrestling, no gimmick attached.

Benoit Vs Angle at Wrestlemania 17 or Benoit Vs Angle at Royal Rumble 2003

Benoits, Rey's felt tainted given the way it played out.

Rick Martel or Sylvain ?

Bah, you got there before me, so Ill answer this one

Rick Martel. He was agreat heel who was actually allowed cut loose somewhat, and wasnt a glorified jobber. Plus he set a record in the Royal Rumble in 1991 which stood until benoit won the Rumble in 2004.

My question is above.

I would say Benoit vs Angle at Royal Rumble 2003 as the stakes were higher in the match with the title on the line and the ovation after the match for Benoit made it special.

Hell in a Cell match or TLC match?

HIAC is no longer an innovative match, as WWE have decided that the bumps taken in these matches were too much, so Ill go with TLC. These still have a fast pace, and we always get a great ladder bump or two.

IWW or NWA Ireland

never seen either, although I'm told IWW is good from mates who have seen it .... so .... IWW.

Farooq

or

Ahmed Johnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Cactus Col wrote:
    Farooq

or

Ahmed Johnson
    No comparison. Farooq. Ron Simmons is a former World Champion. Ahmed really achieved very little.

Commentary with JR:
    Jerry Lawlor or Paul Heymen

(for fairness, Lawlor as he was for the first year or so, as Heymen never had a chance to go stale, so ignore the staleness of Lawlors commentary over the last few years)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Lawlors commentary was one of the original reasons i got into wrestling, but man he sucks now. I have to go for Heyman. Hes smarter, funnier and his voice always breaks at the right time which just adds to the tension/excitement of the show. Its so good when that happens!

The Goon or Eugene?

Eugene, because I don't know the goon.

hardcore holly

or

crash holly?

Cactus Col wrote:
    hardcore holly

or

crash holly?

As much as i love Hardcore i gotta give it to crash for being truly entertaining!!!! He rocked dude, deserved the heavyweight belt and a gold plated weighing scales in my mind!!!!

Owen Hart

or Eddie G ( who in your opinion was the biggest loss to wrestling? )

ouch ...... Eddie Guerrero .... because he was truly on top of the wrestling pyramid, while Owen, great wrestler and all (and I found a lot more charismatic than Bret) seemed to never get above the glass ceiling, a constant upper midcarder.

Million dollar man Ted Dibasi

or

Brain "The Weasel" Heenan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

heenan. a far more entertaining person and far more itelligent.
    much better on the mic and in the commentary booth.

scott hall or kevin nash.

Hall. He never used his political sway to demand a world championship in WWF/WCW. He was a top level player all the same, and one of the best mic workers the business ever seen.

Monday Night War DVD or Rise And Fall Of ECW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Oh thats a tough one, but i'd proably say Monday Night Wars. It was very interesting to see people from both companys talk about the situation and the aggressive tactics, when back in the day WWF and WCW barely even acknowledged each other. Plus, while I like what I've seen of ECW, I wasn't really watching it when it was in its prime, therefore the M.N.W dvd has more relevence to me personally.

Wrestlemania main event or The Royal Rumble match?

The Wrestlemania main event for me should be what we look forward to all year. Unfortunatley, the wat WWE has gone, WM has merely become another PPV, albeit a 4 hour one. Until quite recently Vince would know almost a year in advance what the Main Event of Wrestlemania would be. Now, I dont know. How anyone could say that Angle Vs Orton Vs Rey Mysterio is a Wrestlemania main event calibre match amazes me.

And God knows, the Rumble, apart from this year, has been so obvious that its lost alot of its luchre, added to the fact that it wasnt even the main event of its own ppv this yeay (im copyrighting that, I say it so often nowadays).

Too Cold Scorpio or Flash Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Scorpio purely because he gets more credit for it and its kind of his true identity. Funk was just a gimmick he had a for year in WWF.

ECW Dudleys

or

WWE Dudleys?

ECW Dudleys cos they really were extreme. Some of Bubba's promos were amazing.

Al Snow's Head or Perry Saturn's Moppy?

moppy, saturn was much better as a lunatic than snow ever was.

easy one this
    torrie ot tori

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Eh.. torrie cause she was in playboy.

Christian or Christian Cage?

Christian. Mainly because ive seen more of him throughout the years. Sure he's get his dues now in TNA but he's only there a while.

Nova

or

Simon Dean?

Nova, he did invent like every move ever! Simon Dean is just embarrasing, the poor guy.

Blue World Order or Right To Censor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

blue world order, they were funny and i loved watching them and i barely remember right to censor.
    edge or mick foley

Mick Foley, just based on mic skills.

Charlie Haas or Shelton Benjamin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dharney

Shelton Benjamin. better wrester in my opinion.

matt hardy

or

jeff hardy

Matt Hardy, can work better on the mic than Jeff is is more polished in the ring. Jeff is really sloppy a lot of the time. Plus his heart isnt in it as much as Matt.

MNM

or

Edge and Christian?

edge and christan for sure, they were great on the mic and gave us great words like con-chair-toe and.........i know there was alot more i just cant remember any now. plus they were 11 ( i think) times tag team champs.
    the pedigree move
    or
    rock bottom move

the pedigree, the rock bottom always looked like someone just falling backwards ( i think E&C were 7 time Champs, man they were great, "for the benefit of those with flash photography" and edgvis! classic.)

APA Bradshaw
    or
    Comic Heel John Bradshaw Layfield ("you can turn your back on me i'm not a brokeback cowboy", legend)

JBL all the way. I love when he tries to get "JBL JBL JBL" chants going. Doesn't mean he deserved a year as champion though.

Nation of Domination
    or
    The Corporation

• Advertisement

The Corporation, the nation, while it had one of the greatest backing, didn't achieve too much, and any group with crush in it, is always gonna come out second best. The Corporation had the rock, Kane, Big Show, Ken Shamrock, and Mankind in it at various stages, that line up on it' own is enough to make the corporation better than the nation.

Ken Shamrock

or

Steve Blackman

Cactus Col wrote:
    Ken Shamrock

or

Steve Blackman

I'm gonna go with Kenny, ever since UFC1 Kenny has been someone that i respect and look up to. At the end of the day, when he signed with WWF he did what was right for his family and i got to respect that.

As a massive fan of MMA and wrestling, it has to be Ken for me.

Cena

or

Trips?

( just to keep things kinda current :D )

I really cant watch Cena, I just cant stand the guy. Maybe if he went heel my opinion would change but as this OTT baby face I just cant stand him. Triple H thus gets my vote.

Ladder Match

or

Casket Match

Ladder match, casket matches just never rang through, too much of a gimmick, like a buried alive match.

x-pac

or

the 1-2-3 kid

Xpac without a doubt. The 1-2-3 kid was a gimmick wrestler, which awful attire. At least heel X Pac in DX had more than a one dimensional personality than a guy who had fluked a match.

Steven Richards or Raven (in that, who did the wwe bury more)

WWE shat over both of these guys, but moreso Stevie Richards, cos he's still there. At least Raven knew he was going nowhere there and had the foresight to leave. Richards still has the ability and entertainment value to but on TV these days. So I pick Stevie.

Ravens comeback to ECW after his days in WCW
    or
    Taz's return to ECW after his injury

I'm gonna go with Taz, although I haven't seen either comeback, but not a big fan of Raven, especially after seeing him on Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends.

Wrestling with Shadows

or

Beyond The Mat.

please someone answer that last one. i dont know how to. i am lost. its over a day old now, so i must not be alone.

Ill jump in for ya Trips.
    Ive only seen Wrestling with Shadows and its good, but the reviews Ive heard of Beyond the Mat make me think thats gonna be better. Hopfully it is.

OK heres an easy one...
    Heat
    or
    Velocity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ONI

heat only cause it shows raw

jeff hardy wwf
    or
    jeff hardy tna

Advertisement