Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch Problem

Options
  • 05-03-2006 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone can give some advice. In my E30 318i I recently replaced both clutch cylinders.
    A few weeks after that the pedal would sit on the floor, I brought it to my mechanic and he said he fixed some "pin" that broke.
    It was ok again for a few days and then the pedal sprung back further than it should and is now very stiff to press. Also, if I let the pedal back as far as it springs and then press it, it seems normal.
    I spoke briefly with the mechanic and he said to get a new clutch kit for it.

I saw this on a website:
    High pedal effort
    Fork binding in housing
    Faulty pressure plate
    Incorrect size master or slave cylinder fitted

I dont know much about cars so any suggestions on what needs to be done? Is the mechanic right? Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well if its an e30 then its 15 years old at least! Does the car have an history of a previous clutch job?

I doubt the wrong type of cylinder was installed somehow.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Yeah its a 91. New clutch so? The service history has been lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well dont rush, there's a few Beemer heads on here including kbannon who's an e30 veteran! They may offer some useful advice.

Mike.

Advertisement