Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

thinking of changing insurance companies

Options
  • 05-03-2006 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

insured the car in janurary (5yo 1.4 petrol) with quinn direct for €663, got newer car 2 weeks ago (2 yo 1.6 hdi), insurance went up €320 so i was sure i just had to pay it

just thinking since, when you insure your car for a year, its worked out on a daily basis so can you switch company at anytime for a full refund on ever day that is left

i hope so cause..
    1 i might get a cheaper cover
    2 i wont have to save for insurance over christmas again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can cancel your insurance and get a refund. It won't be for exactly what you are due, but it shouldn't be too far off. You won't get NCB credit unless you were insured for a full year, but as it's only 2 months, that's not so bad. Shop around, find out what your refund will be, and then do the maths to see whether it's worth it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Right, they work it out on a day-by-day basis. If say yea wanna cancel they will do so (will need your disc sent in etc before they cancel) and then totup what they owe yea back if yea paid it all in one lump sum.
    Shopping around insurance companies is always a good idea, sure I saved 800euro just by shopping around :)

Advertisement