Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring isnt anywhere near yet.....

Options
  • 05-03-2006 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

A brief return to above average temperatures during Tuesday and Wednesday will soo be replaced by unsettled and cool weather with a possible
    easterly flow establishign itself later..

it certainly wont be mild after Thursday but it looks unlikey for snow to fall..

But March is setting up to be a bitterly cold and possibly record breakingly
    cold month..

The CET in England is @ -0.5c for the first 4 days.. 5.8c below average.

So no spring until at earliest the 15th of March;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The ensembles don't paint a bitterly cold March... Mabye I'm missing something.

All I can say is that no ensemble member really wants to push the 850 mb temp below -5.

WC has regained his optimism:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

No i havent im not expecting any snow just saying that Spring isnt coming:rolleyes: ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cold blasts in march are nearly too late for snow but yet they are good enough to make everyone feel miserabley cold so I wish from now on things would just heat up, I dont want to see another cold snap till next November now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Wasnt there snow in and around the 17th of March 1982? Very heavy snow at that......its...still possible............right? :(

Dont mind me, just clutching onto a broken dream :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

August 1978 had snow, above 500m on the Dublin Mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

somewhere around 5th June 1986 I'll never forget it, I was sitting in primary school around 9.45am when it started snowing for 5 minutes, big twirly flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

ALL IN THE PAST LADS,before global warming,i too remember the summer snow of 1981 and in may of one year,cant recall the year in 80s aswell,but on to our normal miserable weather this week,Lets hope our summer is decent and thundery,give up the snow no more untill..........?

Advertisement