Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call from IBB

• 05-03-2006 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

I just got a phone call from IBB at 12.40pm on a Sunday asking to confirm my address?? Said new customer managment board being set up??

Anyone else get a call??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Noope lol i havent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

I'd call IBB to confirm it was actually them!
    First someone calls for you address, next its for you bank details.

I smell a con!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ask them to confirm your details to you so you know it's them. I'd offer to ring them back and get a contact name, wouldn't give out nothing to a random stranger on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

wallet inspector tbh

i'd say they saw the antenna on your roof and went phishing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

i'd say they saw the antenna on your roof and went phishing
    So you're saying that they saw the antennae on his roof, used his address to look up his number in the phone book, rang him, and then asked for his address?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ken Shabby wrote:
    So you're saying that they saw the antennae on his roof, used his address to look up his number in the phone book, rang him, and then asked for his address?

Well you have to admit it sounds more plausible than the idea of IBB setting up a 'customer management board' whatever that might be?

Imagine IBB actually doing something for their customers? Next one of their employees will be posting here asking how to undelete emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Onthebus

Some woman claiming to be from AIB bank phoned me up on my mobile phone one saturday evening and asked me to tell her what my address was - I immediatly smelled a rat and assumed it was the russian mafia, I told the woman where to go and hung up.

I then dropped into the garda station and reported it.

I called aib on monday and they they explained that because more and more customers were doing their banking online that AIB had decided to phone customers up to sell them things like pensions and other financial products because they werent coming into the branches any more.

Needless to say I gave the AIB person an utter bolloking about this and made it very clear that I would close all accounts and move bank if they did it again. Its really easy to move bank nowadays.

I felt bad that I had thought they were russian and felt better that I had clarified that it was indeed the Irish mafia who phoned.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Onthebus wrote:
    Some woman claiming to be from AIB bank phoned me up on my mobile phone one saturday evening and asked me to tell her what my address was - I immediatly smelled a rat and assumed it was the russian mafia, I told the woman where to go and hung up.

I then dropped into the garda station and reported it.

I called aib on monday and they they explained that because more and more customers were doing their banking online that AIB had decided to phone customers up to sell them things like pensions and other financial products because they werent coming into the branches any more.

Needless to say I gave the AIB person an utter bolloking about this and made it very clear that I would close all accounts and move bank if they did it again. Its really easy to move bank nowadays.

I felt bad that I had thought they were russian and felt better that I had clarified that it was indeed the Irish mafia who phoned.....

Might you not be better off purshing your issues in relation to various Mafias in the Personal Issues forum?:)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

and leave himself open to the PI Mafia... ? I think not.... ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭✭event

did you really give her a bollocking?

why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Onthebus wrote:

Yeh, I'd say that really put the sh1ts up them http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11494256/

If you want to give someone a bollicking, give it to a manager in corporate that hands down these orders, not some poor girl in customer service. But whatever makes you feel like a man....

Advertisement