Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

gettin insurance with a different insurer

Options
  • 05-03-2006 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    good morning
    im 21 years old and i wanna get insurnace on my mom's 99 passat
    the father and the mother are already insured n this car with the same insurer
    however i want to get insured with a different insurer
    is it possible to get insurance from a different insurer on the same car as in this case
    thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The short answer is no. You're looking to get insured as a named driver, which is an add-on to their present insurance policy. What you can do is to shop around for quotes to insure all three of you on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

He may want to start building his own NCB. I am doing that at the moment as I'm in the states and I had to get insurance on my sisters car in my own name so I don't lose my NCB. I'm not sure on the legality of it but I just insured with a different one than my sister is with. Any insurer should be able to tell you yes or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If he insures the car in his own name then his parents could be named on the policy. But then he wouldn't be with a different insurer. To have two policies on the same car strikes me as senseless.

Advertisement