Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Great Timing, Best Quote and Policy Termination

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

In theory, yes. But - and here's where the irony kicks in - would they believe him when he tells them that the screen cracked while the car was still insured by them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They would be unable to proove otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

But I don't currently hold a policy with Tesco anymore, so can I still claim even though I no longer hold a policy with them? How would I go about doing this? Also, does claiming for windscreen damage have any negative effects on future policies?

In theory, yes, as the damage occurred while you were insured with them. They may, however, have a clause that you have to inform them within a specified period. If they do, and that period is 24 hours, for example, then you have a problem. Why not ring them up straight away and ask?

Hi,
    I just got on to them there. Tesco will cover me for the crack, woohoo. Oh and I told Britton about it being cracked before I went with them and they are refunding the price to me, as yes, it wouldn't have been covered. I have no real proof that it was cracked before moving with Britton, but Tesco said they'll have to go by my word. It wont effect my NCB either!

• Advertisement

It's been a long road, but we got there in the end!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Just because they didn't specifcally ask you, doesn't mean you didn't have a duty to inform them.

There is a principle in insurance "UBERRIMA FIDES - Perfect good faith; abundant good faith.

This phrase is used to express that a contract must be made in perfect good faith, concealing nothing; as in the case of insurance, the insured must observe the most perfect good faith towards the insurer."

Insuring an already cracked windscreen clearly breaches this principle, and constiutes fraud.
    Wow, you really know how to squeeze the fun out of a topic. Go be a prude somewhere else - maybe politics or debating, or some other boring forum that would suit you.

The OP wrote:
    Wow, you really know how to squeeze the fun out of a topic. Go be a prude somewhere else - maybe politics or debating, or some other boring forum that would suit you.

If you had taken the trouble to read the thread, you would have realized that this was a perfectly relevant post. If you find it boring or prudish(!!), then perhaps you might be happier reading posts in a different forum.

All posts were relevant except this load of sh1te:
    Why not go the whole hog, buy a crashed car, insure it and have the insurance company repair it for you? Come to think of it, you could buy a burnt down house too? Or how about life insurance for dead people? Tickets for last weeks Lotto?:rolleyes:

:D:D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Cormie,

Make a black and white photocopy of your old insurance disc and then send it back. In fact it might be worth copying your new one too, in case your windscreen falls in and it gets all chopped up by shards of glass!?!!

• Advertisement

Come on cormie, I deserve the odd laugh as much as anyone else!:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The OP wrote:

Facts are facts.

If this was a comedy forum I could understand your personal attack. It was uncalled for and unwarranted.

Any further negative personal comment on my factually accurate post will be reported to a Mod.

Advertisement