Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a wireless modem from Eircom?

• 05-03-2006 5:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey guys
    just wondering I got an old eircom netopia 3341 modem, it works fine but its not wireless, the new modems that they give out now are wireless and very good but only free with new connections, do eircom have an offer for existing customers to buy one off them, ive searched the site but its come up with nothing. I want to play xbox live in my living room which is 3 rooms away from my broadband connection. If so does anyone know how much they charge for sending out a new wireless modem? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

This is kindive off topic, but what have you setup at the xbox side of the "connection" ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

right now all i use is the ethernet connection from the xbox to my pc but I want to play xbox live in a different room and the wireless modem would be perfect, just wondering do eircom sell them to existing customers who have the old wired modems.

Are you connecting the xbox up to a wireless bridge ? Cause the wireless modem/router from eircom still has to be connected to the phone line (3 rooms away)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Gonzo wrote:
    hey guys
    just wondering I got an old eircom netopia 3341 modem, it works fine but its not wireless, the new modems that they give out now are wireless and very good but only free with new connections, do eircom have an offer for existing customers to buy one off them, ive searched the site but its come up with nothing. I want to play xbox live in my living room which is 3 rooms away from my broadband connection. If so does anyone know how much they charge for sending out a new wireless modem? thanks
    They have them for sale on their site. €98.99 incl VAT.
    Here is the link but it won't last long due to the session cookies.
    http://www.eircom.ie/cgi-bin/bvsm/bveircom/store/productDetails.jsp
    It's in their "Online Store" under "phones,modems & wireless adapters".

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cool, thanks guys, gonna order one in the morning:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Gonzo wrote:
    hey guys
    just wondering I got an old eircom netopia 3341 modem, it works fine but its not wireless, the new modems that they give out now are wireless and very good but only free with new connections

Not very respectful of their existing customers, I'd say if you rang and discussed how many broadband providers there is these days they'd send you a free one. My Dad claims my uncle was sent one free(was a few months ago).

hmm turns out I also need to purchase the Xbox360 Wireless Adaptor to pick up the signal from the wireless router... thats another €70, I thought the xbox had an adaptor built in but it doesnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I was on the old Zyxel Prestige 620 or whatever it was called, the one supplied to the very first Eircom BB customers. Anyway I rang up and enquired about the Wireless Netopia as I also wanted it for Xbox Live, they sold it to me as an existing customer for €50. Not too bad as it was €150 on the site at the time.

Give them a call and tell them the situation, how long you've been a customer etc...

Gonzo wrote:
    hmm turns out I also need to purchase the Xbox360 Wireless Adaptor to pick up the signal from the wireless router... thats another €70, I thought the xbox had an adaptor built in but it doesnt.

Hi,

That is what I was getting at, I was wondering what way you were going to go about doing it. Is there a way for you to have your phone line easily by the 360...

Advertisement