Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No monitor

Options
  • 05-03-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

I put together bare bones of a rubbish comp and the monitor wont work.

I have P3 in the motherboard, some ram, cd rom, hard drive, heat sync and fan. Thats it, what am i missing that is stopping the monitor from showing anything at all> It kows its connected but when booted i get nothing. Sorry about lack of info but its all pretty old generic stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

you did not say video card so unless you have one built into board.. no display...
    Anyway are you getting any beeps?
    Does the monitor display a self test when NOT connected to the PC!!! (if not then its probably not working)

If you get no beeps and are sure the monitor works then probably your CPU is not working assuming you have no onboard graphics and the pc does not beep without the video card..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

ye just copped. Ye its an old video card but is one which came with it as far as i know. Tried a few and they all seem to be connected(fans on etc) but gett no signal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Is the motherboard mounted in a case? Make sure nothing is shorting out the board, try run it outside of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

i tried both. tried numerous monitors too

Advertisement