Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

10000 euro to Spend on a new car, but what car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

yes come with optional hard tops. I have on on my TF but there is nothing better than getting the top down

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

Hummm yeah with all those tyre marks on the road outside the guys house looks like a really well looked after car.

38000 miles but how many of those were while the handbreak was on smokin the front wheels....

ehhhhh look at teh tyres, has he not just washed the cara dn reversed it out, parked and taken teh pics, becasue teh last time I saw someone burn up their tyres tehy dint leave such a lovely thread pattern on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

ehhhhh look at teh tyres, has he not just washed the cara dn reversed it out, parked and taken teh pics

Yeah, I thought so too.
    I'd say they are because the tyres were wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Brend

I would go for the Civic or the Golf. i would forget focus granted nice looking car but personally Fords = Scrap. MG are made my rover which are a real hit and miss car, i know people that have had rover and gave them no bothervand others that had nothing but trouble from day one.

Its entirly up to you, but thats what i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jank wrote:
    Dont want a Saloon but if a Bargin BMW comes along then I will consider it
    jank wrote:
    1.6L would be the max engine size

Nah, don't go BMW if you're limited to a 1.6l
    jank wrote:
    Im actually considering a 2 seater (Mazda MX-5)

Go for it! The MX-5 is a cracking wee car. Even the original 1.6l is a great driver's car :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Me again!

Right I had a look at a MG ZR+(Think its a + as it has the electric mirrors and all teh extras)

It looks in good nic. NCT due 02/08. 1.4l 55,000 miles and its a 2002 model.

Was going for 6,500 but managed to get 250 off him there and then so might get it for 6,000 or a bit more. Anyway 6,250 is a good deal IMO for a car like this. It doesnt appear to be crashed anywhere and there is a valid reason for selling.

I did drive it. Once around the park and again on the open road to test its power. All seemed fine.

A bit of vibration from the accelerator but my mechanic friend told me (I did bring one of course ;) )that its probably a lose cable.
    Bit of a small whirring sound too from the engine that sounds like the alternator but other then that nothing else to report on it.
    Anyway guys what do ye think

One problem though is that its Red and it looks nice but not half as nice as the blue verision. Also is this deal too good to be true. Wouldnt he get 7,000 odd for it if he tried. Then again maybe he just wants to get rid of it fast.

Going to have a look at another one tomorrow. This one is blue and has lower millage. Looking for 8,000 though (way over priced imo) but if I was really impressed will haggle for a price.

Ill be keeping it for about 12 months anyway as the medium term goal is a 03 Toyota MR2 :)

Bump!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Go for a Toyota Levin, nice car, only a 1.6, coupe and a very quick engine if you want it to be!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

price is only average,

You think?

I have yet to see better anywhere.
    6,000 for a 02 55k on the clock and 18 months left on the NCT.

Saw the car its spotless.

Where did you see them better priced?

• Advertisement
Advertisement