Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom insulation?

Options
  • 05-03-2006 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey folks, Whats the story with insulation in bathrooms? They are noisy places and I was wondering if a bit of rockwool or polystyrene would be ok to put in the stud walls as I'm at it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I put 100mm rockwool in the stud and also double slabbed the inside walls, seeing as they are going to be tiled to reduce sound and vibration.
    EPS won't do much for sound, rockwool is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭awishawash

Cool, I wasnt sure cos of moisture and that, but I suppose if its tiled it'll be grand. Yours must be completely soundproof! thanks for the reply.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If you are tiling the walls, I would recommend sealing the wall first using a waterproof paint to stop moisture migrating through the grout.

Advertisement