Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did i do Wrong?Sleeping with the Enemy..

• 05-03-2006 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right Story goes, was with this girl on and off for a few years ended a few months ago, and 0 contact and no feelings for the girl whatsoever go so far as i hate her(I no that sounds bad after being with each other for so long but it wasnt exactly a good history) anyway last night i met this was who used to be my ex's best friend got on really well and ended up with her at the end of this night more or less had sex...Was talkin to my best friend(female) told her about it and she fuking killed me, that it was unfair on my ex like we hate each other...I no it was kinda bad sleepin with my ex b friend but really did i do wrong?She made me feel sht about it like..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

It's never a cool thing to sleep with an ex's best friend but you obviously don't feel very bad about it.

Answer to your question yes it was a bit wrong but nobody seems to have any feelings for each other so it's not the end of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭astro

Your not friends with your Ex so i dont think you did anything wrong.

its kinda an unwritten rule
    yes which i've broken but wasnt caught

dont get caught
    thats the no1 rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You both consented? You are all single adults? You both enjoyed it?

It's not "nice", but it isn't "evil" either. I think technically, its her best friend has done the most "wrong".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thats the thing i think she found out... i dunno how but she did..... and i dont feel bad about it at all i didnt do it to get bad at whatsoever cause i am not like that but she hurt me alot and honestly dont care if she found out and she feels crap and hurt....Like it was def a one nighter and think we both relised that morning that it was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

Yes it was wrong but because you don't even like your ex, I don't think it really matters (to you). You wouldn't have done it if you liked your ex better.

Having said that, what kind of "best friend" would sleep with her friend's ex anyway? That's not exactly an admirable thing for her to do either so your ex will probably feel that ye deserve each other. Can hardly blame her! You'd think there was enough fish in the sea to avoid these situations. Did you consciously or otherwise want to hurt your ex?

No i didnt go out to hurt her but if gets hurt it wouldnt bother me... Like its not my ex;s friend anymore they dont like each other anymore which i dunno if it makes it worse or what...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

yes its an unwritten rule that you just dont go there, however seeing as you dont even speak with your ex anymore, this would be more so a problem for the best friend, seeing as she is still friends with her, however you have no ties so no problem

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

So- she found out.....
    I'd put even odds that her best friend in a pique of guilt fessed up to her.
    Whats the scorecard- you shagged your ex's best friend (perhaps as a way of getting back at her?) Her best friend, obviously, wasn't a very good friend to her (for whatever reason). You know you did it (at very best) for the wrong reasons. What did you achieve from the saga- not an awful lot really? Did you do wrong- as you say in the thread heading- yes you did. Why?- this is up to you to sit down and decipher for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

IT was the best friend that did the dirt, not you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

no you didnt nothing wrong at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I don't know what your "Best friends"' problem is. Sounds like she's just flying the flag of "female solidarity", tell her to go jump IMO

Yeah i no what you mean, i am texting the one from last night small chat see hows things go... I left out the part its not Managers Sister too

its kinda an unwritten rule
    yes which i've broken but wasnt caught

Are there invisible posts where people actually asked you whether or not you'd broken this magical rule? 'cause I can't see those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

i met this was who used to be my ex's best friend

You're in the clear imo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

She was your ex's best friend.....you have no loyalty to your ex.....your ex might think her best friend should not sleep with her ex-boyfriend - but I don't see why you should be feeling bad.....best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭cupsoftea

I don't know. I find it hard to believe that there were no feeling between the two of you. Maybe your ex still has some feelings for you. If so, I think it was very disrespectful of you to sleep with her friend.

cupsoftea wrote:
    I don't know. I find it hard to believe that there were no feeling between the two of you. Maybe your ex still has some feelings for you. If so, I think it was very disrespectful of you to sleep with her friend.

Even if his ex does have feelings for him, that doesn't give her any claim on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Piffle, I've done best friends in the same night, if you're single everyone's fair game in my books :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

meh, i dunno about that...I have a few ex's that i don't see or talk to anymore, but I'd feel a bit sh*t if they slept with my best friend...

I don't think I'd do it to any of my ex's either...but that's my opinion on the matter...whether or not I would act the same in reality is debatable..especially with a few drinks on me, as you seemed to have had.

look, what's done is done and there's no point feeling bad about it..like some people said, it's a lot worse by the friend than by you and I think that would hurt your ex more, so it's not really about you...and don't take crap from your best friend...it was a drunken shag..a lot worse has happend with drunken shags!! Current g/f's and best mates...boss's and employees...brother and sister, sh*t i don't know!! But yours isn't even top 10, so don't worry about it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Meh, ok, I'd be less than happy with my BF if they slept with an ex of mine.
    But at the end of the day, they are your ex and both best friend and ex are single consenting adults then no harm has been done.

If you don't get on with your ex and she has fallen out with her bestfriend then I doubt she'll care or feel betrayed. I don't think you did wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I dont think you did anything wrong but it is something that most people would never do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

lifes a game bro and your just playing,an ex's friends are fair game for thier up for it!!! no i'm not a player either i've been with my gf for 3 years and never done more than looked at another girl!

Advertisement