Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Food

• 05-03-2006 7:11pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whats your choice of munchies when you go to the cinema?? Do you buy into the overpriced kiosk ice-cream and popcorn or are you one of those people who smuggle a Spar bag full of bars and crisps in??

I personally am just too lazy to go conspiring to secrete sweets in past the staff... Plus I just feel like the Cinema food thing is all part of the treat that is going to the flicks..

I always get a medium popcorn, medium Coke, and a bag of either Wine Gums or Maltesers and usually pick at the bfs Ben & Jerrys too :D Its a good excuse to pig out... Thats the way I see it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Large coke and a large popcorn please, and maybe a bag of sweets from the pick and mix. Such a nice combo. Pretty damn expensive though, so I'll only get all that crap when it's some big blockbuster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Drinks are tolerable but I'd ban the rest of it, between the smell and the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

xzanti wrote:
    Whats your choice of munchies when you go to the cinema?? Do you buy into the overpriced kiosk ice-cream and popcorn or are you one of those people who smuggle a Spar bag full of bars and crisps in??

I personally am just too lazy to go conspiring to secrete sweets in past the staff... Plus I just feel like the Cinema food thing is all part of the treat that is going to the flicks..

I always get a medium popcorn, medium Coke, and a bag of either Wine Gums or Maltesers and usually pick at the bfs Ben & Jerrys too :D Its a good excuse to pig out... Thats the way I see it :rolleyes:

Hahaha, used to do all this but...since I've been seeing movies at the rate of 3 per week for the last six months, I really had to give up :)! Bottle of water and an apple/banana for me sadly!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Medium Coke, Medium Popcorn, and a tub of hot nuts! nyom! :)

Occasionally, I'd get nachos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

Large bag of M&Ms (or Minstrels) with a large diet coke please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

I use to feel that the food was all part and parcel of the gig and made a good time of it, but then they stopped putting butter on the popcorn everywhere, the butter lured you into paying €6 for a tub of popcorn:D , but now it just seems like a rip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Pick n Mix, is my fave cinema food. and i'll always get it from the mega overpriced cinema because I never have the foreseight to actually get it before hand.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

charba wrote:
    Pick n Mix, is my fave cinema food. and i'll always get it from the mega overpriced cinema because I never have the foreseight to actually get it before hand.

Oh yeah I love those too.. My bag usually consists of jelly cherries, pink bon bons, cola cubes, cola bottles, white mice, choc raisins, fudge cubes and of course one or two of those oversized jelly spiders :D Although I am partial to the Sweet Factory when Im out shopping which is generally the same sort of thing

My favourite have to be the white chocolate mice, and letting them melt in your mouth, so nice :) I also like the buttons with hundreds and thousands melted on them. and toffee bon bons.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

charba wrote:
    My favourite have to be the white chocolate mice, and letting them melt in your mouth, so nice :) I also like the buttons with hundreds and thousands melted on them. and toffee bon bons.

Tbh I like when I get to the little ones in the end of the bag.. Just pour them out on your hand and get a little bit of everything mixed together :D

God.. I have to stop eating sweets :o :v:

• Advertisement

it's Lent so now is as good a time as anyway to start :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing usually but If I was going to eat, I would bring it in myself. Ridiculous prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

xzanti wrote:
    are you one of those people who smuggle a Spar bag full of bars and crisps in??
    Ridiculous suggestion, if I were to do that where would I hide my video camera and tripod.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

bit too pricey for me... €3 for a 750 ml bottle of water in UGC - €1.50 in that little shop around the corner from it...
    If I'm feeling flush I get a medium coke and bag of pick'n'mix - jellies and chocolate covered peanuts - mmmmm... I usually eat too much and feel vaguely nauseous for the rest of the day, though...
    Foods containing sauces should be BANNED in my honest opinion. The do tend to fill the auditorium with a strong aroma...Hotdogs and nachos are the main culprits...although butter popcorn could come under this ban too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Morrigan wrote:
    although butter popcorn could come under this ban too...

BOOOOOOO! This has practically happened already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Extra large coke, smuggled in bottle of vodka, leave the place hammered and head to the boozer.

The newsagent in dun laoghaire does a roaring trade next to the cinema. If they charged reasonable prices they may make more profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Meejum Coke and Haribo Mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Medium popcorn and a bag of M&Ms thrown on top and mixed into the popcorn - yummy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Dreamsphere

well, everytime i go to the cinema i always get a strawberry or lime slushy. one of those big bags of tattoo if im in a bad mood. or a small popcorn if im not and a smarties ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Back in the day eg. when I was a fat bloater, it used to be a large coke, large popcorn, and bag of sweets to go with it.

These days it's usually a bottle of water or a pepsi max with either a popcorn or small bag of pick and mix...

Sometimes candy floss. As little as 90kcal per large tub! I know its just fluffed sugar but still....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My friend has brought in a steak wrapped up in tinfoil to the cinema and also a carton of milk:rolleyes: Pretty funny just seeing everyone else there with their popcorn and coke and he's munching away on a steak and washing it down leaving a white moustache:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Has to be those nachos with the little tray of synthetic cheesy stuff...mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Very little these days, a small popcorn and a small drink, maybe some M&Ms even though on certain days at the local cinema you can "bring your own bucket":eek:, ugh sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I used to be a real pig, I coud have a large popcorn gone before the movie would even start. now myself and my girlfirend get bag of sweetie a drink each and Lg popcorn, which i never manage to finish, popcorn is always too salty.

I remeber when i was in the states years ago, there was an offer of large drink and popcorn for 6$ and you'd get a refill of each, americans used to get sweets and nachos with this and still get their refill, i only ever managed a refill once and that was of the popcorn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I bring in my own, when I think ahead. I'm a student, I can barely afford to GO to the cinema, never mind pay the ridiculous prices for food! It'd usually be a reasonablely sized bay of Pick and Mix, with a bottle of water or diet Coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

A carton of cranberry juice and a french roll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I used to be very spartan about it, but my friend got me hooked on Big bags of peanut M&Ms. You eat them in the cinema, have some more on the train home, and still have some left for the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

At the very most a bottle of coke and a bar. I think it's distracting both for you and the other cinema goers if your eating something big/hot/smelly, so I tend to keep it simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

I'm a bum but!

dairy milk coconut rough
    1 litre of mango and orange smoothie from the aldi/lidl nearest to it

I go in take a cup and a straw and am on my merry lil way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

We tend to have lunch/dinner out, before we go to the cinema, so all we usually bring is a bottle of water

Advertisement