Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Food

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My friend works in my local cinema, gives me free large drink/ popcorn. bags of sweets. It's great. :D
    I work in a place that sells pick n mix and am good at guessing how much a bag will cost. But I was in Cinweorld in town and what I thought would be about e1.50 was e4.30! I got the guy to weigh me a choc brazil nut and bon bon and it cost 53c. wtf?? Rip off central. :mad: They have good hot dogs there though, so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

^^^ oh my god yeah a friend of mine got pick n mix in there last week and it cost him e10-something!! now it was a big enough bag of sweets, but nothing near that expensive. i've bought bigger bags than that before for 6 euros in other places...so dear in there!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

xzanti wrote:
    Oh yeah I love those too.. My bag usually consists of jelly cherries, pink bon bons, cola cubes, cola bottles, white mice, choc raisins, fudge cubes and of course one or two of those oversized jelly spiders :D Although I am partial to the Sweet Factory when Im out shopping which is generally the same sort of thing
    You've got good taste Xzanti :)

Usually when I go to a film I get a large coke, bag of malteasers and either a medium popcorn or a bag of pick n mix and no matter how much I've eaten beforehand, I'll still buy 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

Sorry if this is off-topic...

...but the OP mentioned sneaking sweets in from spar etc.
    I've been told that it is illegal for a cinema to prevent you bringing in your own sweets and drinks etc.

Anyone know if this is defo the fact or had any experiences with cinemas when doin it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Nah tbh in my local cinema they never stop anybody, even when it's mad obvious. I think for it to be legal they'd have to have signs up and all that malarky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I usually get a medium popcorn and medium drink. I tried a large popcorn the other day but couldn't finish it.
    Sometimes a bag of revels instead of the popcorn.
    This is only if I'm treating myself. Most times I'd just sneak a bottle of water and a bar in.

My friend once bought a cooked chicken in Tesco and brought it in. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

My friend got me hooked on buying Hagen Daz Belgian Choc ice-cream in UGC (cineworld) and now they've changed from Hagen Daz to Ben & Jerry's!

I love Ben & Jerry's and all but I dont buy it in small tubs, WAY too expensive.
    The food in UGC is so expensive! I forgot to buy a bottle of water before I went in and ended up buying one there which cost €3.30!! WTF?? For WATER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really outdid myself today at Night at the Museum. Large Popcorn, extra large pepsi, Malteasers, candy floss and nachos. Beat that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I used to always get food, but now that I go to the cinema so much (I LOVE the Cineworld Unlimited card!) I don;t have the money. In fact I very rarely even buy popcor unless I'm splitting it with someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Piste wrote:
    I used to always get food, but now that I go to the cinema so much (I LOVE the Cineworld Unlimited card!) I don;t have the money. In fact I very rarely even buy popcor unless I'm splitting it with someone.

I have Unlimited too; and am now well acquainted with the Tesco in Jervis St Shopping Centre :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Its part of going to the cinema for me to get my large popcorn and drink and a bag of pick and mix or sweets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭afatbollix

~nop~ wrote:
    Nah tbh in my local cinema they never stop anybody, even when it's mad obvious. I think for it to be legal they'd have to have signs up and all that malarky
    only hot food we can stop you from bringing in..o and alcohol..
    thats cineworld anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

BOOOOOOO! This has practically happened already.

the butter ban was really out of line...

...maybe ill start bringing my own butter, see how they like that!

Advertisement