Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Landcruiser.

• 05-03-2006 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

The new t.v. ad is a fine one, to get the adrenalin going, however unlikely the scenario is.
    I doubt that the landcruiser comes with a ramp, mountain and helicopter as standard, but it does project an image of great control.
    I wonder how much it would cost to make the likes of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Good ad I must say Im actaually waiting for my Landcruiser to be delivered...Was any of the advert digitally done???? unless the driver had a parachute on in case of a malfunction:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

i like it though its clearly not real. It reminds of the Audi ad , driving up a steep ski slope :eek: !!! I think the Audi ad was real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

you can superimpose anything when filmed against a blue or green screen.

Not doubting the abilities of the jeep in question but computers and video and audio production are great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Good ad I must say Im actaually waiting for my Landcruiser to be delivered...Was any of the advert digitally done???? unless the driver had a parachute on in case of a malfunction:)

Ive had 2 landcruisers and they are probably the best jeep i ever drove however the add-ons are expensive. I got a/c on my last one but didnt bother with the parking sensors! No way for 400 odd euro until I reversed into a bollard and the fixing cost was closer to a grand! They are good for shaggin young girls in the back though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

It's funny how everybody in Ireland calls their SUV a jeep. I have a Toyota 4x4, it's not a Jeep!!
    A Jeep is a brand of, IMO, inferior 4x4's.

Sorry OP for going off topic, just find it funny why people do it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

They are good for shaggin young girls in the back though!

Really, how did you manage with the wheel arches??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

C-Mar: I totally agree, it's very like the way people call everything resembling Coke, COKE, or call all vacuums, HOOVERS! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

C-Mar: I totally agree, it's very like the way people call everything resembling Coke, COKE, or call all vacuums, HOOVERS! :)

Theres an example of fantastic marketing when your product actually becomes the name commonly used for an entire segment of the market, good examples as already mentioned are Hoover, Coke, Tayto, Jeep, Ipod etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

Absolutely.. it's fantastic marketing. iPod has been very quick to take up as the umbrella term in it's field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

shepthedog wrote:
    Theres an example of fantastic marketing when your product actually becomes the name commonly used for an entire segment of the market, good examples as already mentioned are Hoover, Coke, Tayto, Jeep, Ipod etc

However it can be short lived, note how you said Ipod, whereas 10 years ago you would have said WalkMan to refer to any portable music player

• Advertisement
Advertisement