Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Retrieving messages from a broken phone

• 05-03-2006 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi, I am looking for advice on how to fix a Motorola flip phone or how to retrieve text messages from a broken phone. Unfortunately the flip part on my phone broke right off, and I need some messages that were on my phone. Does anybody know of a way of retrieving these messages or getting the phone fixed? Thanks in advance
    Also one more question I want to buy the Motorola V220 phone but its not avail with vodafone o2 have it as a speakeasy kit can i buy that and put my vodafone sim card in it?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The text messages should be stored on the sim card and not the memory of the phone. MMS messages are different and they are indeed stored on the handset memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 MrsSimba

Thanks thats what i though to but put my sim card into a new phone and nothing came up its so frustrating:mad:

MrsSimba wrote:
    Hi, I am looking for advice on how to fix a Motorola flip phone or how to retrieve text messages from a broken phone. Unfortunately the flip part on my phone broke right off, and I need some messages that were on my phone. Does anybody know of a way of retrieving these messages or getting the phone fixed? Thanks in advance
    Also one more question I want to buy the Motorola V220 phone but its not avail with vodafone o2 have it as a speakeasy kit can i buy that and put my vodafone sim card in it?
    What type of Motorola flip is it? I might just be able to help you here. :) I've often retrieved messages off them.

Hi there it is a Motorola V550 a blue one?

Does anyone know if i can get an o2 and code it for vodafone, sorry for asking again but I want to get one at lunchtime.

It can be unlocked but not for free. The V535 is the equivalent O2 model but its been discontinued so it might be hard to find.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that I will pop into o2 anyway at lunchtime, is there any chance you would know how to retrieve my messages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

MrsSimba wrote:

Don't buy the V220. It's a really old model, and was never any good to begin with.
    Also, some of your texts will be stored on your sim, and some on your phone.
    If they're not that important, I wouldn't bother. More trouble than it's worth.
    It would be quite expensive to get the flip repaired.

MrsSimba wrote:
    Thanks for that I will pop into o2 anyway at lunchtime, is there any chance you would know how to retrieve my messages?
    Yep, I can do it with a V550 no bother. PM me with your details if you like. :)

Advertisement