Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suspension/tracking worry

Options
  • 05-03-2006 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭

ever since i changed the suspension of my mkiv gti to a koni eibach combo car has been pulling left. i went down to advance pitstop (i know i know) today to get a 4 wheel alignment and he told me that my front left camber was way off (over 1.7 degrees) and the rear axle was aswell, he then asked me had the car been shunted, to the best of my knowledge it hasnt

the thing is tho his machine was using the vw settings for a std gti so were the readings useless (how could rear axle be off if its totally fixed?) he also he couldnt adjust camber settings that vw would have to do it (they are koni shocks tho not vw)

so ll he did was adjust the toe, he reckons camber is gonna ruin my tyres, my qn is, where can i get a proper job done where its not being compared to a standard and how much is it gonna cost me?

the shocks and springs i put on are second hand could that be an issue, or coulf it have been the way they were fitted, any ideas?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Who fitted the shocks for you?the tracking/camber ect should have been adjusted at time of installation.Incedently what size wheels have you got on it?

Ive used advance in Tara street for anything to do with my suspension,theres a guy in there who deals with modded cars most of the time and knows what he's at,You could also try performance zone in blackrock who would be used to doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

guy in perf zone fitted, said no need to check camber etc :(, wheres the advance on tara street is that the place just off pearse st?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Id bring it back to Performance zone so before going to the other Advance,tell them its not right and use Advance as your backup that the cambers way off.

Its right beside the fire station in tara street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

id consider going back to standard ones. alternatively try www.uk-mkivs.net for advice. theres a few gti owners in ireland with uprated suspension who can help probably.

Advertisement