Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

thinking of getting a new smartphone

• 05-03-2006 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

i have a motorolla mpx200 witch at this stage is quite outdated i was thinking of updating my phone but i still want a smartphone so does anyone have any suggestions as to good smartphones out there??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

I have the Orange SPV500, which is nice, and cheap now. I picked it up in Belfast for £79 as a pay as you go, and got it unlocked free online. the SPV C550 is up there too, and works out about £129 (IIRC). expansys has a few, like the imate smartphone 5 and 5m. very nice phones. all depends on what you want though. cheap -> SPV500 or 550, latest and greatest with wifi -> SP5, latest and greated with wifi and talored for music -> 5M.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

just looking at the spv550 there it looks good and there are some good prices on ebay too. thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭R-KEANE

get an ipaq. they look cool and have everything. they are expensive though. dont get an xda, they suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

ipaqs and xdas are pocket pc phones. a smartphone is a phone first, a PDA second. XDAs/iPaqs/etc, are PDAs first, Phones second. i have the XDA2s and its nice. but they are a bit bulky, and the smartphone is a lot nicer. i use the XDA for work, etc, and the smartphone for, well, not work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Does it have to be windows mobile?
    Why not look at the palm treo or the symbian phones?
    Could also look at something like the imate jam or k-jam on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

The SPV C550 is £99 including 512Mb MiniSd memory card from the orange shop on ready to go. There's one of these shops in the Buttercrane in Newry, if you're ever up there.
    Simply buy one and unlock it, there is a free application to do it - tis a piece of the proverbial.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

it's the same price in there online store but i don't think there going to post to ireland. i'm trying to get one on ebay at the moment but if i don't get one cheap there i'll probably be up north in a fewweeks

Advertisement