Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Michael Mc Dowell a gaelgoir? ...

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I’m not saying you can’t use Irish, I’m not saying don’t use Irish. I’m just kindly asking you not to while replying to my comments.

Using it while replying to me is for example like two French people speaking French in a room of people who dont know more then a few words they are speakers. All I can understand is a few words....

EDIT: OR maybe a better example would be two Irish people in a pub somewhere around the world using a word or two of Irish - and in process, possibly not really making any proper sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Nil alan gealige agamas.

Agus thighan tu cad a scroib me. Nil me ag scriob alan rud agus cheapim ta tu ablta a thighan beagnach i nGealige, nil se dearchar.

I don't have a lot of Irish

And I think that you understand what I wrort. I did write much but I am sure that you understood what I did write, its not Difficult.

So It isn't at all like 2 french people speaking french to you when you only understand some of what they are saying.

Merci

Anyway most of that post was in English. And you understood the small portion in IRISH

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭SeanW

I didn't understand any of your post.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Elmo wrote:
    Anyway most of that post was in English. And you understood the small portion in IRISH

Here...

"An a maith ar fad, McD."

"Is maith liom é."

Not sure at all about the first line, but you're talking about 'McD' - and it's possible the second line says you like him (???). As your second last post, I have just about a clue - you're talking about Irish (I think), but I don’t know what you're saying.

"An a maith ar fad, McD."

"Is maith liom é."

Very Good McD

I like it.

é DOES mean him I am not sure how do say I like it in Irish and I was of course being sarcastic.

As for the second post I amn't bothered translating it. It's all not that important anyway :)

Also you let on to know less then you actually do since you where able to point out in your reply to my seconding posting in Irish that it would be more like
    EDIT: OR maybe a better example would be two Irish people in a pub somewhere around the world using a word or two of Irish - and in process, possibly not really making any proper sentences.

and you also told me I could reply in any lanuage I want just only in english when replying to your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭SeanW

Well, if you don't use English in your posts, some people - possibly many - will not understand you. I said that before, but I guess you're having too much fun in that Gaelgeoiri reality-free zone to notice or care.

Perhaps I should translate my posts in to Spainish and Chinese since they are much more widely used then English :rolleyes:

Advertisement