Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TMNations tracks

Options
  • 05-03-2006 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so trackmania nations has been out a while. Have any of you been tinkering with the track editor?

Here's my first effort... well, the first one that I consider not too sh1t to release:
    http://nations.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=65689#auto

Give it a whirl and let us know what you think of it. If anyone else has any tracks to share, either post them here in an attachment or put them on tm-exchange and link us :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

alright track, but its one that you need to practice, i like the ones that i can just plough through ;)

btw is there a simpler way to play custom tracks other than replacing one of nadeo's ones?

i can do better than the attached time, post your screen if you better it :) [challenge open to all]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah you don't have to replace any of the nadeo tracks. Drop the downloaded tracks into \trackmania nations eswc\GameData\Tracks\Challenges\My Challenges

Then you can get to it in the menus through solo - there should be a button for other tracks, or "browse" or something in the bottom right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Since we're on the topic, try this one out. It's my first ever ever TMN track. I used to make them for the original trackmania, some were really good.

http://nations.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=65979#auto

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Should there be a link in there somwhere?

not bad that one, i like technical tracks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Should there be a link in there somwhere?
    Yeah, I thought it attached to the message but I guess boards only allows certain file types to be attached. I made a tm-x account and uploaded there as quick as I could, but you got me before I edited my post. darn.

Thanks eyerer. Any positive and negative comments about specifics would be appreciated. I'm not going to stop after making just one track, and feedback will help the next track to be better.

I was trying for a balance of exciting and technical corners, but I guess it ended up being almost all technical except for the very beginning. There's almost no flat out sections and I want to make more of them in the future. Wall-banking and the like. Effectively longer straights that make just a handful of preceding corners dictate your overall time. The track is too long, as well. A good track should probably be about 45s to 1m15, but there was just so much I wanted to put in there :)

I also hate loops and bumpiness. I tried to make the jumps and banking as smooth as possible so you could take corners aggressively without worrying about the car becoming unsettled and losing you time.

agree the track was too long
    agree with those annoying bumps and the crests that lead you off the track if you go full speed (annoying when the track is new to you)
    if you do loops make sure its in first person perspective

i thought it got technical towards the end where theres a series of tight turns one after the other, which i liked (some people hate that stuff though, probably because they suck :p)
    i like the long straights are the series of corners, like you suggested

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nice track Balfa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PhiniusMaster

BTW, sorry for posting a little off topic, but I cant play your map becayse of one little problem. How do you validate your track? Because it cant just be by getting from start to finish..because I did that. I have made a totaly pwnt track but cant save and it's KILLING me, please help guys! I can't turn off my PC or play any other Chalenges before saving, so someone please help me!:confused::(

Advertisement