Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucia Evans for the win!

Options
  • 05-03-2006 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

Looks like Galway's favourite adopted singer won the show, I'd just like to point out that she was going out with my little brother for a while :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

adotped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Best of a bad lot?

...or even worse.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Marilyn Bane deserved that win! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

HavoK wrote:
    Marilyn Bane deserved that win! :D

Have to agree.

As far as I can see the person who could afford to spend more money on promoting herself was the one that won. there were posters all over the place for Lucia. people on the streets asking for votes. I think people should vote for the best act. not the one that everybody is shouting about.

Don't get me wrong she was an allright singer(none of them were spectacular) but I think there were better in the competition.. Marilyn Bane for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Marilyn was the least wooden of that lot. How those boys got to the final is anybody's guess. The bloody microphone stand was more lively.

Amateurism at it's very best.

At least it will get the O'Connor clot off the screen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was forced to sit trough the final, not much into these things.
    Congrats to Lucia!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I'm not saying anything against whoever won it, but the entire show is complete ****e and should be disbanded immeaditly. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Why weren't Mael Mórdha selected as Ireland's Eurovision entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Why does anyone care ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

SyxPak wrote:
    Why weren't Mael Mórdha selected as Ireland's Eurovision entry?
    They should have been, the excellence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

mayotom wrote:
    Have to agree.

As far as I can see the person who could afford to spend more money on promoting herself was the one that won. there were posters all over the place for Lucia. people on the streets asking for votes.

Yea I was surprised to see a poster in a shop in Mounthrath Co.Laois

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

Yea I was surprised to see a poster in a shop in Mounthrath Co.Laois
    A good lot of that was grassroots support though. She certainly didn't have the money to market herself much anyway, last I hear of Lucia she was working as a dispatcher in Big-O...

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

A good lot of that was grassroots support though. She certainly didn't have the money to market herself much anyway, last I hear of Lucia she was working as a dispatcher in Big-O...

She may not. but all it takes is a few friends in the right places. To do it for her(or anybody for that mater). anybody who becomes a sucess in the entertainment industry has to have the right backing. Where would Boyzone be with out the marketing engine that is Louis Walsh(the A**). how many bands do we hear who should be on the national stage. there is some awefull crap doing really well. I would rather listen to a band in the local or even some busker's on the streets would be better than the quality of music which was displayed on "you're a Star" Not to take away from Lucia she was among the better acts in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Yeah those two boys were pure gobbo's. But they totally stole the granny vote, that's how they got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

mouldy beans

• Registered Users Posts: 17 karaokenomore

a glorified karaoke competition (i should know, i love that ****!)... who gets all the money from those texts? a right scam. i can't imagine why people who want to have a career in music want to compete. usually it spells the death knell for wannabe popstars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Lucia was like a politician with all the Irish she was speaking. I think there was a very smooth campaign run to get her those votes. She has a nice voice but the other finalists were musicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

think she works in a beauty salon. at least that's what i remember a mate's gf telling me...

Advertisement