Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

drink and baby

• 05-03-2006 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've always had irregular periods, but since I started having sex they've become a lot more frequent.

However now I'm nearly 2 weeks late.

We're using condoms, never had an accident (that i'm aware of),
    we always check the condom afterwards. But nothin is 100% is it...

Anyways the thing is I've been on two drinking binges in last month and I'm worried if I'm pregnant, how badly will this effect the baby?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

First off go and get a pregancy kit and check to see if you are pregant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're kind of all over the place there. As Thaed says, get yourself a test first, then worry about the drinking later on. It's unlikely to have been an issue anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

You know that worrying too much like this can make your period even later? Seriously, get a test. Even just for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The same happened to me - I got drunk a few times before I knew I was pregnant. Doc said not to worry about it.

Tbh, I'd imagine it's very common in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yup, get the test.

The foetus doesn't start using the mothers blood supply for some time after "contact".

Anyway, go and get the test. Phamacy. Pee. Bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

we always check the condom afterwards
    Eeewwww :D
    Also you may want look into the pill, should stabilise your cycles. Speak to your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I've always had irregular periods, but since I started having sex they've become a lot more frequent.

However now I'm nearly 2 weeks late.

We're using condoms, never had an accident (that i'm aware of),
    we always check the condom afterwards. But nothin is 100% is it...

Anyways the thing is I've been on two drinking binges in last month and I'm worried if I'm pregnant, how badly will this effect the baby?

It shouldn't affect the baby at this stage.....none of the neurological building is being done & I'd say the majority of woman had a few drinks while unaware they were pregnant.....stop worrying what may or may not have happened & get a pregnancy test.....the ClearBlue digital give you a 99.99% accurate result as soon as your period is due (approx two weeks after ovulation) & it will say "PREGNANT" or "NOT PREGNANT" so no faffing around with faint lines.....then you can decide how to move forward....

Most methods of birth control, when used properly, are more effective than just condoms.....if you get a negative result why not ask your Dr about them & use them in conjunction with a condom....much better effectiveness.....best of luck :)

Advertisement