Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weights safe upstairs?

Options
  • 05-03-2006 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Got a set of weights, around 130kg's, and was wondering if they are safe upstairs or will they weaken the joists over a few months? They are on a stack so I cant spread the load. Havent any room downstairs!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Plan on dropping them a lot? :p

What type of floors you have? Wood/Concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

You can get foam bumper plates that'll take the shock out of the drops if you happen to drop them. On a side note did you get a machine or free weights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭awishawash

Hey emmet if only they were free, decided to splash out got free weights that go on a triangular stack and a womans multi gym for the missus.:eek:

optiplex, the joists are timber.:rolleyes:

I'm scared that all the weight will have negative effects on the structure of the house. I might put a few lengths underneath to try to spread the weight across the joists. Thats all I can think of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Don't think 130kg's would be a prob - only 1.5 times the average weight of an adult - water tank in the attic would weigh 400 to 800 kgs on smaller joists.

Advertisement