Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any1 know how to get relief effects on paper

Options
  • 06-03-2006 12:30am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

I saw an amazing piece of work by a print artist recently. the subjects (piece of lace) surface was raised on the paper and the negative space or ground was sunk in some way does anyone know how to achieve this light relief on paper? I have done relief casting with plaster before but this is totally brilliant..
    thanks in advance
    artieanna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Maybe soak the paper (softens it), dry it off a bit, put the lace (for example) underneath it & run it all through a print press..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Edit sorry I didn't quite read the original post right and just described embossment. i'm not sure its as simple as what I've described but anyway:

If you use fabriano rosapina paper which you soak and then you run it through a press with whatever is used to make the embossment - this might be a real object, or and image etched into steel or cut out of cardboard.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

thanks that is just what i need i think...will definitly try it;)

Advertisement