Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Picking up a new car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Beruthiel wrote:
    I will be getting a new car next month, just a small one to get to work, either the toyota aygo or the peugout 107 (both are 12k) - how much discount do you think I can push for?

Dont expect much

I know for a fact there is only a 3.75% profit margin.Its sold to make numbers not money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Originally Posted by Beruthiel
    I will be getting a new car next month, just a small one to get to work, either the toyota aygo or the peugout 107 (both are 12k) - how much discount do you think I can push for?

You'll get less discount off a Toyota dealer, but the residuals will be defined by the badge on the front, so the Aygo is the 1 2 buy. You'll like ly get a tank a petrol. My uncle is a Toyota dealer and they always give a full tank with a new car as a matter of courtesy. Push for something off the options list for free.

On the insurance disc - my dad's a courier for a global company which shall remain nameless. A colleague of his was stopped by a Garda at a checkpoint. The disc on the Windscreen was a photocopy and that was apparently illegal, you must at all times display a valid original disc. The company had to pay a fine and produce the cert

We allways send our new cars out with orignal toyota mats, moulded flaps and petrol which is about €230.On an aygo it cant be done you will get a tank of petrol buts thats all we can give.The profit we will make on an aygo is about €350.

But i would say go for the aygo, each dealer had to put one as a demo late last year so you will have no probs getting a drive.They will hold value better than than the c1 or 107, i would plump for the aura model because you will get the 4 airbags.

Happy Shoping

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We allways send our new cars out with orignal toyota mats, moulded flaps and petrol which is about €230.On an aygo it cant be done you will get a tank of petrol buts thats all we can give.The profit we will make on an aygo is about €350.

But i would say go for the aygo, each dealer had to put one as a demo late last year so you will have no probs getting a drive.They will hold value better than than the c1 or 107, i would plump for the aura model because you will get the 4 airbags.

Happy Shoping

Agreed, another reason to go for the Aura model is that the Terra model hasn't got electric windows or central locking!

Of the Aygo/C1/107 trio, the Toyota is definately the best choice. fair enough they're built side by side in the same factory but as knife fighter said it''ll hold its value better and Toyota dealers are really nice people (honest!)

colm_mcm wrote:
    Toyota dealers are really nice people (honest!)

;);););)

we are i swear

You could probaly pick up a bargin with some of the demos

Try

www.toyota.ie

• Advertisement

;);););)

You could probaly pick up a bargin with some of the demos

demo discount is shag all on an aygo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

as I live in Celbridge, I thought of getting the car in McCoys near the Spa Hotel... I am going in to see a chap called Art, anyone know that particular garage, have they a good rep?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

C1 has a major new price advantage in the UK over the Aygo.

Why not here? Cosy cartel?

Beruthiel wrote:
    as I live in Celbridge, I thought of getting the car in McCoys near the Spa Hotel... I am going in to see a chap called Art, anyone know that particular garage, have they a good rep?

Art owns the place AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

From first hand experience, (and not the new car owner):

Don't worry about the disks, once you have them, you need to display them hence the photocopy being illegal but if you are waiting to recieve them then all you need is the Ref No. from the insurance policy. If you are stopped you wont get any hassle. As has been said you may be asked to produce when you get them but this is just a formality. As was also said, a slip of paper from the dealer with a sale/collection date on it and a dealer stamp will help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement