Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my new mo-mo

Options
  • 06-03-2006 1:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

I've replaced my 94 colt with a 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 Sportivo with 50k miles and just passed the NCT / been fully serviced by the dealer

taking delivery of it on Wednesday cant wait so i cant, my mate's trying to ruin it for me and say they're not reliable, anyone here prove him wrong, the feckers just jealous i've a new-ish car :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If it's any help to you, a friend of mine bought a 99 146 1.4TS around 3 years ago, and it's needed nothing but routine serviving since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

just be careful when reversing :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

miju wrote:
    I've replaced my 94 colt with a 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 Sportivo with 50k miles and just passed the NCT / been fully serviced by the dealer

taking delivery of it on Wednesday cant wait so i cant, my mate's trying to ruin it for me and say they're not reliable, anyone here prove him wrong, the feckers just jealous i've a new-ish car :-)

It should be fine if properly maintained, keep an eye on the oil level (i.e. check every week or two) and you should be fine.
    I hope you checked the timing belt was changed at 36k, if not, get it changed now, you dont want to have to buy a new engine. Alfa initially said change it every 72k, this was way off, they are now replaced every 36k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Yea just what I was going to say, the timing belts are nutorious for going and wrecking the whole engine. I know someone who it happened to after 36k miles... Luckily it was still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Had one. Nice car, pretty fast for 1.4 basically a Fiat Tipo, so reliability won't be Colt-like

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thanks guys
    Savman wrote:
    just be careful when reversing :D:D:D:D

and shurrup you, you'll get yours on the pitch next time muw ha ha ha ha ha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

bring it on Diego :D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you think your so great cos your fit and im just fat and smoke alot, hmmmfff you'll get yours

[heads to fridge to comfort eat] :-)

Advertisement