Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy chocolate online

• 06-03-2006 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Where would I buy chocolate online in Ireland? Not fancy gold-wrapped chocolate boxes with more paper than anything else, but large quantities of yummy, eatable chocolate... not Cadburys. :) I can't find anything in the shops but Cadburys (and Lindt, but that's really expensive).

Something like aquarterof.co.uk but based in Ireland so I don't have to pay loads of postage ...and with a focus on chocolate.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i dont know about online. but in cork city you can buy slabs of chocolate from o'connaills, they're on french church street. i use chunks of it for baking, hot choc and general munching

(they come in all sorts of percentages up to 99%, and they do white choc as well) id recommend the 38% milk for munching but the 32% milk for baking, the sixty something% dark also rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

That sounds good, but is it expensive?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ehhhh, off hand im not certain, think its about 2€ ish for 100g depending on what you want, its mostly less than 2€ per 100g, and they do chips as well, go for a wander in, they sell 2kg slabs for 25€ i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

It's not online, but Lidl and Aldi do proper chocolate.
    You can get 70%, 60% and 46% for only about a Euro a bar. Low in sugar, high in cocoa - fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Aziraphale

Yeah, I'm eating Lidl's chocolate now... it's certainly better than the stuff in Supervalu, and at least there is a chocolate section (I go into unfamilar branches of mainstream supermarkets and walk around in puzzlement till I realise 'oh, those bags of Bounty bars are the chocolate aisle'. I've been living in mainland Europe, so I'm a bit spoilt for good chocolate.

Mm, I'd never liked Lidl outside Ireland, but if you look at their ingredients they're free from most artificial guck without making a big fuss about it.

I'll try O'Connaills when I'm in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have you tried ebay?
    I found a place selling my beloved coconut mushrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

lily O'Brien sells online and good quality chocolates

Advertisement