Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Break-up

• 06-03-2006 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have recently been dumped by my girlfrend, last week, i am still struglin to come to terms with it, i really want to call her. i have not spoken to her since i left at the airport last tuesday, i am not sure why i want to call her, maybe i want to appeal to her, i am not sure. I spoke to her friend on sat telling her how much i miss her, she told me that it will be hard and she misses me but its for the best, I am worried that i couldnt see much wrong with the relationship, we were together for 8months however she never told me that she loved me, and personally that is why i feel she couldnt go on, we almost split at xmas, and i eased contact with her, when she came up to visit me we were right back on, i really cant get her out of my head, this is my first long term relationship. I just cant seem to get her out of my head,:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

If it's your first relationship then maybe it is for the best man. Whatever her reasons were, there was obviously some discrepancy in the way you both felt for one another, if you had stayed together it probably would have hurt much worse in the long run.

Let it slide, and when you're ready you'll pick up the pieces and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Did you ask for reasons when you broke up? If not why not ask why she broke it off & get some closure? If you don't want to do that then try writing down why you think she may have finnished things.....you will prob be right with most of them.....it will get easier....best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Rockstar*

Just a hunch- I know not everyone feels comfortable teling someone they love them but it sounds to me as though she just did'nt see the relationship going anywhere

I was also dumped by a girl around 4 year ago (only girl i ever fell IN love with)and it was one of the worst things i ever went through , Ive had break ups since but never as bad as being dumped by someone you're mad about. very hard time ahead of you im afraid, best to break all ties and get out as much as you can, have a bit of craic with the mates and try to meet someone else,. This experience believe it or not will help you a great deal in the long run

good luck

Advertisement