Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT v=billing and Speed upgrades - response - sorted

• 06-03-2006 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

Ok,

After repeated calls and emails to BT regarding my speed upgrade and what I perceived as overcharging by them - ( i am on the 40 amonth line rental with now 2mbit bband )
    I managed to get the (apparent ) head of BT'S mail address .
    ( bill murphy )
    I mailed him a concerned email regarding their customer service - and lo and behold - he responded - by blackberry .

He told me he would get the Ops team to look into it.

I was put in touch with the complaints officer - A lady called Michelle .
    It took two weeks , but they sorted out my speed problems and explained my billing as so :

hi *******
    Our Order Operations team have advised me that an order is processing to increase the speed on your Broadband,
    they have advised me that you should notice the speed increase by the 3rd of March 2006.

In regard to the billing on your account. You received your first bill on the 24th November 2005,
    the charges included in this bill are as follows;

Broadband Self Install €41.32 (excl. VAT)
    Broadband from the 24/11/05 until 24/01/06 €53.72 (excl. VAT)
    Broadband pro rated charges from the 21/11/05 until 24/11/05 €2.64 (excl. VAT)
    You received a discount of €35.00 (inc. VAT) for your online discount and for the Broadband promotion offer.
    You received your second invoice on the 24th January 2006, and the charges on this bill included;

Broadband two months in advance from the 24/01/06 until 24/03/06 €53.72 (excl. VAT)
    Line rental from the 24/11/05 until 24/01/06 €39.96 (excl. VAT)
    Line rental from the 24/01/06 until 24/03/06 €39.96 (excl. VAT)

You received a discount of €76.19 (excl. VAT) for the Broadband promotion price, your online discount
    and for the discount for receiving Broadband and line rental together.
    Please note that your line rental for the November period was billed on your January invoice.
    This was caused due to an administration error and I apologies that you were not advised of this when it arose.

From my review of your invoices BT have not overcharged you.
    If you feel there is anything I have missed or would like further clarification on any of your
    invoices please contact me and I will investigate your queries further.

So , It took reaching the head of the company to do it , but it got done .
    I have no idea how thay are calculating alot of this , but it all adds up correctly in the end.

hope these line rental and bband figures help someone else.

they really should explain the charge breakdown and vat on their site as it is impossible to follow .

If I was CEO or whatever this guy is , I would be kicking arse big time to sort my staff out though.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

DaDumTish wrote:
    Ok,

After repeated calls and emails to BT regarding my speed upgrade and what I perceived as overcharging by them - ( i am on the 40 amonth line rental with now 2mbit bband )
    I managed to get the (apparent ) head of BT'S mail address .
    ( bill murphy )
    I mailed him a concerned email regarding their customer service - and lo and behold - he responded - by blackberry .

So , It took reaching the head of the company to do it , but it got done .
    I have no idea how thay are calculating alot of this , but it all adds up correctly in the end.

hope these line rental and bband figures help someone else.

they really should explain the charge breakdown and vat on their site as it is impossible to follow .

If I was CEO or whatever this guy is , I would be kicking arse big time to sort my staff out though.

More power to him for getting some action for you particularly as he has actually moved on but he was in charge long enough got enough emails if only from boards readers to realise there is something drastically wrong there and yet he apparently failed to change anything:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Atapi

Hi!

Just a "stupid" question, is the prices €40 a month including Vat or without?
    They need to get their billing a bit simplified..I don´t need to know whats behind the numbers if I´m paying 40 I wanna see 40.. Not how the line rental and package is divided and added and subtracted etc..

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Atapi wrote:
    Hi!

Just a "stupid" question, is the prices €40 a month including Vat or without?
    They need to get their billing a bit simplified..I don´t need to know whats behind the numbers if I´m paying 40 I wanna see 40.. Not how the line rental and package is divided and added and subtracted etc..

A
    Includes VAT & line rental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

it is approx

39.96 line rental fpr two months
    and 53.72 broad band for two months

minus 28 in discounts ( including online billing discount of 5 euro )

= 65.58 approx for two months

then add 21 % vat = 80 for two months

= 40 a month

simple as fcuk to them = complex as fcuk to the rest of the human race

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

It's great that you finally got this sorted out. Are you sure it was Bill Murphy you contacted? As far as I was aware Bill left BT nearly 2 years ago. I think Danny Mclaughlin is their new CEO. Was just wondering as I'm having similar issues with speed and billing with their corporate account guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

It was a higher up tech support person as CEO's have no time for the average customer.

I got into a fierce argument with another member here about the very same thing...JUST BECAUSE AN EMAIL SAYS ITS FROM BILL MURPHY....DOSENT MEAN HE ACTUALLY SENT IT!

Thank you!

Advertisement