Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaving

• 06-03-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I used to wet shave in hot running water all the time until I read quite recently that shaving in cold water is better. The shave is just as good and there's less chance of getting nicks and razor burn.

Nobody else I've told this to has heard it and continues to shave in hot water. So I was just wondering how the boardsie faithful shave.

How do you shave your face? 30 votes

Hot water
    0% 0 votes
    Cold water
    63% 19 votes
    Electric shave
    16% 5 votes
    I don't shave
    20% 6 votes
    Non applicable
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

sharp blade is #1 but cold water is better. also shaving before bed seems to be better for skin than in morning. except ob. theres a slight bit of night growth

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

as a shaver of legs and not face, warm water is the usual, and a lovely thick foam that smells of berries

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

I've a very unusual growth, So i used to like avoiding shaving but i have to shave Every 2days now, I use a basin of hot water, Moisten my face with a damp cloth before hand and i use the Nivea shaving gel, It's a lot better than the gillete, Blades are very dodgy with me, Most ppl i know get 3-4 shaves from a blade but i just get one, If i try a 2nd time i'll defo get a few cuts,

Kellxor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Cold water hasn't ever done me any harm. Main thing is to use a good balm after you shave to combat and burns or nicks, I'd recommend Nivea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Electric, I've never tried anything else, might give it a go someday though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HaroldS

cold running water, straight aftre a shower. warm/hot water and i just cut myself and get a rash. dunno, think maybe the cold water might make the hairs stand up to the blade better

tried an electric shaver for a year, it took too long to shave and i always missed bits. my beard it too tough for an electric shaver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I use a hair trimmer without any attachments, I haven't had a clean shave for maybe 2 or 3 years at this stage, it's much better, no rashes or anything, very quick, no need for water at all. Not much use if you need a close shave though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I find striaght after a shower is so much easier, I usually rinse the blade under warm running water, or else it gets stuffed up and doesn't shave properly, cold water doesn't succeed in this department for me...

Altho after I shave, I wash whole face with warm water, and then rinse with cold water, as apparently this closes open pores etc... (I'm almost a woman)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I use hot water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I always keep a blade i only used a couple of times to shave when i'm going out ,new blades are always nasty ,best when they are broken in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

cormie wrote:
    I use a hair trimmer without any attachments, I haven't had a clean shave for maybe 2 or 3 years at this stage, it's much better, no rashes or anything, very quick, no need for water at all. Not much use if you need a close shave though.

I'll second that one for everyday use. If I really have to have a close shave (interviews, meetings etc) I'll exfoliate with a Nivea scrub, use King of Shaves Kinexium (I think) oil and a Wilkinson Sword 3 blade yoke. Wash again with a Nivea sensetive facewash. Add K.O.S. moisturiser and I'm done. Pain in the face to be honest but if I don't go through that rigmarole, my face and neck actually bleed - Particularly with cold water shaving! :eek:

Advertisement