Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a dog

Options
  • 06-03-2006 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. looking to get myself a dog for my new home. prefereably from a shelter. can you point me in the right direction please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭pd2006

Were are you based. We got two rescue dogs from the ispca both lovely dogs who have giving alot of love to us. Try Irishanimals.ie they have a chatroom were there are loads people only to willing to give you contacts of people looking to rehome dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

wa hey i am picking one up from the dog pound tomorrow. do i need to buy a collar or anything? all i have is a chain ? that will be ok till ig et it home right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

You need a proper collar and a lead, when transporting a new dog they can get spooked easily and take off on you so it's important to have them secure. The pound also requires you to come with a dog licence..at least that's what I had to do otherwise they wouldn't give me the dogs. They might also give you a spay/neuter voucher which is very handy.
    Some pet shops sell a lead that has a loop and can work as a collar and lead in one if you're stuck.

Advertisement